What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Titans, but your club is at stake :(

Perrymatta

Juniors
First of all Titans supporters, well done on your win today. You played a great game of footy and smashed us all over the park. Your team done a great job today and is fast reaching its potential.

Your supporters however, today were disgraceful. I attended the game today hoping for a good atmosphere and a bit on banter during the game, however i was left with a sour taste in my mouth.

I was bored out of my brain, although my team were never even close to coming to a win... there was no passion in the loss. I didn't feel bad like i normally do after a loss, i just felt sorry for your players. Your supporters seemed completely disinterested with the awesome display their club put on for them today.

Your supporters certainly did not appreciate the great game of football on display.

It was quiet as a library. Nobody wanted to chant, nobody cheered other than an odd murmer when one of your boys crossed the line and a decent portion of your supporters left the ground with 5-10 minutes remaining on the clock.

You had those artificial tapping noises that nobody wanted a part of, and you had a guy yelling TITANS over the mic which NEARLY got a decent chant going a few times, but ended up dying soon after the guy on the mic stopped.

The atmosphere unfortuntely, was pathetic.

The crowd was awesome, the club is new. Imagine what it'll be like after the "we have a new club" fever wears off, or if the team starts losing? The club could well go the same way as its predecessors.

Your club is playing good football, your supporters unfortunately leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry guys.

Titanic

First Grade
Oh dear - more sour grapes than a haemeroids ward but from 6,000 kms I do agree that Carrara lacks a lot in atmosphere although a lopsided scoreline probably contributed too.

Perrymatta

Juniors
No sour grapes, a genuine concern for the team. A lopsided scoreline in their favour should have had the crowd pumped but they unfortunately never seemed interested in the game at all.

Maybe new supporters of the club haven't followed league before so it's a little hard for them to appreciate what they are seeing...

HayneHindi

Juniors
I just want to congratulate on your win today. This is not sour grapes neither Parra's doctor wanted to rule out the eight players affected by this virus but couldn't because we would had to forfeit, so you would of won anyway. Warning you that the virus that the eels had today is probably contagious and is likely to infect your team in the coming week. This virus also affected the panthers side, so the raiders will probably be hit as well. This virus could be a epidemic in the league world shortly.

Coaster

Bench
Give me a break.

Maybe the crowd like football, and were losing interest in the pathetic display Parramatta gave.

Hard to keep yelling when one side is smashing the other into the ground, was like watching a Man punch the crap out of a 8 year old girl.

Put up a better fight and the crowd will get into it, jees should have seen the 48000 supporters watching the Broncos game, didnt seem to quiet that night??

Perrymatta

Juniors
curious said:
Give me a break.

Maybe the crowd like football, and were losing interest in the pathetic display Parramatta gave.

Hard to keep yelling when one side is smashing the other into the ground, was like watching a Man punch the crap out of a 8 year old girl.

Put up a better fight and the crowd will get into it, jees should have seen the 48000 supporters watching the Broncos game, didnt seem to quiet that night??

What a load of crap, come to a Sydney game and you'll see supporters giving it to the other teams supporters when they are getting trounced. Your cheerleaders had no effect on the crowd and the artificial methods of getting the crowd in the mood failed miserably.

Even when the supporters were leaving i got no banter from the Titans supporters even through i was outnumbered about 20 to 1, there were minimal flags outside peoples cars when i was leaving the ground and no celebratory beeping of the horns when leaving at all.
All these things at a football game make it what is it. The Titans supporters showed none of this. By the end of the game i felt sorry for the Titans players. They were playing brilliant, brilliant footy in front of their home crowd but nobody gave a sh*t.

The game was like watching a game of tennis. The biggest noise came during the half time break. Next time you're at Carrarra be sure to tell the people around you that this isnt tennis, and you can cheer while the ball is in play. Make sure they pass the message on too, hopefully it'll get a bit louder than a library next home game.

Coaster

Bench
So let me get this straight.

Your upset becuase the crowd didnt give you crap, and taunt you for flogging you?

Gee sorry you didnt get flogged outside the stadium, we will be sure to let off a few bombs in the crowd next time, so you feel like your at Sydney.

I used to be a Parramatta supporter, and after the 2001 GF vowed never to barrack for them again, after the way the crowd carried on outside after the game. There were fights and racial arguments, and grown men crying becuase the GF should be a best of 3??:crazy:

I like the fact that i can take my kids to a game of footy and not worry that there is going to be a police raid, and 2 rival drunken mobs wont start fighting over whose wife has the best sheet wrapped around her face.

But listen, just for you next time your up, give me a tingle, ill come stand next to you, and make your life miserable just the way you want it.

Perrymatta

Juniors
curious said:
So let me get this straight.

Your upset becuase the crowd didnt give you crap, and taunt you for flogging you?

Gee sorry you didnt get flogged outside the stadium, we will be sure to let off a few bombs in the crowd next time, so you feel like your at Sydney.

I used to be a Parramatta supporter, and after the 2001 GF vowed never to barrack for them again, after the way the crowd carried on outside after the game. There were fights and racial arguments, and grown men crying becuase the GF should be a best of 3??:crazy:

I like the fact that i can take my kids to a game of footy and not worry that there is going to be a police raid, and 2 rival drunken mobs wont start fighting over whose wife has the best sheet wrapped around her face.

But listen, just for you next time your up, give me a tingle, ill come stand next to you, and make your life miserable just the way you want it.

Yes im upset, because the taunting is part of the experience. Titans fans are like zombies, they show no emotion at all. Don't even know why they bothered turning up to the game.

What happens if the Gold Coast make it to the grand final and lose? Will you start barracking for another team then? If you can't stick with your team through the good times AND the bad, then you are not a true supporter.

Who said anything about police raids or anything about alcohol? The banter is in good fun of the spirit of the game, you take it as good as you give it and at the end of the day you congratulate the opposition for winning on the night. On the Gold Coast you don't cheer your team for playing a quality game of football - you just piss off back to your car 10 minutes before the end of the game.

I won't be giving you a tingle, after the 18,000 ghosts that turned up today, i don't think i'll be going back to Carrarra Library anytime soon. Worst RL environment i've ever been in.

There was a lady at the game today that'd been following league for 50 years and today was her first game. If i was her i wouldn't be in a hurry to come to another game before she passes.

McCrud

Juniors
Who is this fruitcake?

Titans fans turned out in force to support their team. They represent their club and region very well.

Don't like it? Piss off - the Titans don't need your patronage, there's plenty more people willing to take your seat.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Yeah they turn out in force - for now. As for the representation arguement, the past is against you. Don't beat me up because your fans are flat and boring and have little knowledge of the game. Time will help that because the club is new, i just hope you can keep winning otherwise new fans will quickly become disinterested.

Edit: It's probably worth mentioning this is the second time i've watched the Eels vs Titans and the first time was much better than this time, not being at Carrarra. I've been to many, many games of football and have watched my team lose by margins bigger than 26 but not once have i ever been geniunely bored watching my team go around the field until yesterday.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Hahaha.. what an idiot. 'Your club is at stake'- because your fans dont act like total wankers. A capacity crowd says that the club is going just fine, and i can tell you from attending more than 1 match that there is a good supporter base there for the titans who enjoy there footy. Fanaticism, after 6 rounds of football.. you've got to be kidding though. Its taken some Sydney teams 100 years to build up there fan base. And in terms of crowd figures we are outdrawing them. Change the title unless you can find a good reason for the titans to be worried about there position in the NRL.

t-ba

Post Whore
Umm...the club has been playing matches for what, 10-12 weeks now?

People just don't become those kind of fans in a few months. They're packing the joint out, and as the years go by, the supporter base will no doubt become more vocal and there'll be a couple of idiots willing to call you 'a F*cking Parra twinkie' as the seasons go on...

...f**k off you f*cking Parra twinkie. There, feel better now?

Perrymatta

Juniors
GC_Gladiator said:
Hahaha.. what an idiot. 'Your club is at stake'- because your fans dont act like total wankers. A capacity crowd says that the club is going just fine, and i can tell you from attending more than 1 match that there is a good supporter base there for the titans who enjoy there footy. Fanaticism, after 6 rounds of football.. you've got to be kidding though. Its taken some Sydney teams 100 years to build up there fan base. And in terms of crowd figures we are outdrawing them. Change the title unless you can find a good reason for the titans to be worried about there position in the NRL.

Yes, the club is at stake. If the Titans start losing, those 'fans' will start leaving. If they dont cheer when you're winning then there is no chance they'll stick around after you string a few losses together. You may be pulling good crowds, in fact Sundays crowd was a sellout (although it was only just over 18,000 people) but what does this club have that the several before didn't? I was all for the Titans joining the comp, and i know you don't want to hear it but after Sundays performance, my first impression is that the club will go the same way as the ones before it, eventually.

Eelectrica

Referee
I've heard it much louder than that at Carrarra.
Titans will be fine. After that great performance, next Mondays game will be sold out and be much louder being at night.

Well done Titans on a great display. Just a pity so many Parra players went down with a bug and couldn't perform as well as they could, because I was really looking forward to a good game going right down to the wire.

Perrymatta

Juniors
t-ba said:
Umm...the club has been playing matches for what, 10-12 weeks now?

People just don't become those kind of fans in a few months. They're packing the joint out, and as the years go by, the supporter base will no doubt become more vocal and there'll be a couple of idiots willing to call you 'a F*cking Parra twinkie' as the seasons go on...

...f**k off you f*cking Parra twinkie. There, feel better now?

Yeah they're packing it out now, but what about next season when the new club buzz wears off? Hell Melbourne supporters give their team more vocal support than you guys do. I didn't ask to be called a homosexual, nor did i direct any derogatory comments toward your club or it's supporters. I'm just giving an unbiased, outsiders perspective.

Eelectrica

Referee
New stadium next year, Titans will draw 20k-25k for all home matches. :cool:

Panthers seem to surviving despite drawing less than 10k this week

Coaster

Bench
Perrymatta said:
What happens if the Gold Coast make it to the grand final and lose? Will you start barracking for another team then? If you can't stick with your team through the good times AND the bad, then you are not a true supporter.

The only reason i followed another team is becuase the Coast was not there to support, and like everyone else on the Coast that follows football, we have been following other sides.

So maybe there isnt as much hatred to other teams, but thats understandable last year they were most likely the team we supported.

The Coast fans are doing exactly what we need to build the club, we are getting out there in our thousands and taking our kids and showing them a brand of football worth watching and giving them players to like. Becuase they are the generation that will be saying "I have been a Titans fan all my life" and they are the ones that will truly make this club great.

Searle and Co, gave us the Titans

Bailey and Prince and Co: are giving us the football

We are giving them our full support

And our children are allready fast becoming the lifeblood.

TITAN1

Juniors
Pi$$ off you whinging $hit,maybe you should be more concerned with how parra played with little respect for the Titans than the opposition supporters..maybe they were in shock at how badly the slugs were playing!:lol:
Parra are a one man team anyway,if crackboy wasnt playing Titans would have won by fifty.
Titan fans dont need to abuse other fans or start riots or let off flares to "enjoy" the footy,after years of being in the wildnerness they appreciate the chance of having a first grade team to support,while parra fans have won bugger all in years despite spending big..i think its parra that has its future at risk!
So stay in your concrete jungle full of crime and drug addicts and dont come back to the coast.
;-)

Latest posts