What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Titans, but your club is at stake :(

Perrymatta

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
Pi$$ off you whinging $hit,maybe you should be more concerned with how parra played with little respect for the Titans than the opposition supporters..maybe they were in shock at how badly the slugs were playing!:lol:
Parra are a one man team anyway,if crackboy wasnt playing Titans would have won by fifty.
Titan fans dont need to abuse other fans or start riots or let off flares to "enjoy" the footy,after years of being in the wildnerness they appreciate the chance of having a first grade team to support,while parra fans have won bugger all in years despite spending big..i think its parra that has its future at risk!
So stay in your concrete jungle full of crime and drug addicts and dont come back to the coast.
;-)

• Parramatta are not a one man team, there are 17 players on our team at any given time, just like every other team.
  • Main reason for the inflated scoreline was 8/17 players were sick and not even cleared to play.
  • I've suggested about "abusing" other supporters, have made no references to riots or flares. It may be worth noting that no flares have ever been lit at a Parra match.
  • My whole point is that the Titans do not appreciate having a first grade team such as the quality of the Titans. The fans emotions at the game well reflected that. Hell the guy on the mic couldn't even get you to chant for your team!
  • Premierships - Parramatta: 4, Titans/Chargers/Seagulls: 0
  • I don't live in Parramatta, so i won't be going back to the "concrete jungle full of crime and drug addicts"
Now i know why the Titans supporters were so mellow at the game, they are morons.

Titanic

First Grade
There is no doubt that "Perry" is really a Titans fan geeing us up - nobody in their right mind would go to such lengths to make such an inconsequential point. On ya matey - we have our team and win lose or draw we don't need to dwell on the negative to keep focused.

Kingytek

Juniors
Perrymatta said:
  • Parramatta are not a one man team, there are 17 players on our team at any given time, just like every other team.
  • Main reason for the inflated scoreline was 8/17 players were sick and not even cleared to play.
  • I've suggested about "abusing" other supporters, have made no references to riots or flares. It may be worth noting that no flares have ever been lit at a Parra match.
  • My whole point is that the Titans do not appreciate having a first grade team such as the quality of the Titans. The fans emotions at the game well reflected that. Hell the guy on the mic couldn't even get you to chant for your team!
  • I don't live in Parramatta, so i won't be going back to the "concrete jungle full of crime and drug addicts"
Now i know why the Titans supporters were so mellow at the game, they are morons.

Was it a sell out?
So let me get this straight, we dont appriciate having a team yet we can sellout our stadium.
Nice try, you should head off now!
BTW, Don't hide behind the fact that some of your players were ill, if you had the depth, it shouldn't have been a problem.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Perrymatta said:
First of all Titans supporters, well done on your win today. You played a great game of footy and smashed us all over the park. Your team done a great job today and is fast reaching its potential.

Your supporters however, today were disgraceful. I attended the game today hoping for a good atmosphere and a bit on banter during the game, however i was left with a sour taste in my mouth.

I was bored out of my brain, although my team were never even close to coming to a win... there was no passion in the loss. I didn't feel bad like i normally do after a loss, i just felt sorry for your players. Your supporters seemed completely disinterested with the awesome display their club put on for them today.

Your supporters certainly did not appreciate the great game of football on display.

It was quiet as a library. Nobody wanted to chant, nobody cheered other than an odd murmer when one of your boys crossed the line and a decent portion of your supporters left the ground with 5-10 minutes remaining on the clock.

You had those artificial tapping noises that nobody wanted a part of, and you had a guy yelling TITANS over the mic which NEARLY got a decent chant going a few times, but ended up dying soon after the guy on the mic stopped.

The atmosphere unfortuntely, was pathetic.

The crowd was awesome, the club is new. Imagine what it'll be like after the "we have a new club" fever wears off, or if the team starts losing? The club could well go the same way as its predecessors.

Your club is playing good football, your supporters unfortunately leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry guys.

Ok Perry, this is a poor post on your behalf.

I am a Parramatta fan, I have been for all of my 25 years of existence. I grew up in the region and attended a lot of eels football. I also head back to sydney a couple times a year for eels games at Parramatta Stadium (went to eels v souths at telstra this year). I now live on the Gold Coast and have been to three titans games this year (was in Melbourne for round 1 so i went to tigers v storm instead) and I will cheer them on in all games except for when they play the Eels.

Maybe you were bored like I was as the Eels were never in the game? From kick off they were flat and disinterested. There was never a reak battle and the titans ran the show, I know the games where the crowd are at their loudest are the close tight battles. All 3 other home games the titans have been involved with contained this atmosphere.

Parramatta Stadium has its own 'canned' chanting which played over the PA at Eels home games, trying to get the crowd involved. The majority of games I've attended at the stadium the crowd has been flat, dont get me wrong the place on its days can have the best atmospheres in the league.

The set-up of Carrara also may be part of the reason the atmosphere wasnt what you were expecting. Come back in 08 when the Titans have a new ground and fans are on top of the play, i'm sure things will change then. Right now you do feel isolated from the game.

Yes the crowd was awesome, the Titans officials have done a great job with the Gold Coast community. If you looked around and saw all the members bays and even in the GA and other areas their is plenty of merch. The Titans are doing very well considering the stadium they have to play out of. The reason many fans left was the Titans had wrapped up the game over the hapless eels, and getting out of Carrara is a NIGHTMARE! I didnt get home to Surfers until 6:45. I chose to wait at the golf club for an hour and had a beer, even then the usual 10 minute drive to 40 minutes.

The Titans currently have a home attendance average of over 31k! Next Monday will be another 18K sellout. Meaning they will only have to average over 13k for the rest of the season to have a season average of 20k, this will happen. Something the Eels have NEVER acheived in 60 seasons. The Eels are based in the second city of Sydney, an area which is probably double the size of the gold coast, in a stadium which is close to the best home ground in sydney, if not only behind suncorp, with 60 years of heritage!

Before you come on here and bag the Titans fans, why dont you look in yours (and my) backyard. Whilst the titans may be new, and still in a honey moon period, the gold coast is still young and growing, as is the club, they will only get bigger and better.

All I can say is well done titans and their fans!

Dakink

Bench
Perry has a very large dose of sour grapes.

The atmosphere at the ground was great.

The Eels did have worries with the illness that swept through the club - but having said that you can only beat what is put in front of you - and the Titans did that in style.

Stop whineing and appreciate the effort put in by your players and the skills displayed by Prince and co. I certainly have more respect for a number of the Eels after learing how sick some of them were. Its a tough enough sport at full fitness.

Perrymatta said:
First of all Titans supporters, well done on your win today. You played a great game of footy and smashed us all over the park. Your team done a great job today and is fast reaching its potential.

Your supporters however, today were disgraceful. I attended the game today hoping for a good atmosphere and a bit on banter during the game, however i was left with a sour taste in my mouth.

I was bored out of my brain, although my team were never even close to coming to a win... there was no passion in the loss. I didn't feel bad like i normally do after a loss, i just felt sorry for your players. Your supporters seemed completely disinterested with the awesome display their club put on for them today.

Your supporters certainly did not appreciate the great game of football on display.

It was quiet as a library. Nobody wanted to chant, nobody cheered other than an odd murmer when one of your boys crossed the line and a decent portion of your supporters left the ground with 5-10 minutes remaining on the clock.

You had those artificial tapping noises that nobody wanted a part of, and you had a guy yelling TITANS over the mic which NEARLY got a decent chant going a few times, but ended up dying soon after the guy on the mic stopped.

The atmosphere unfortuntely, was pathetic.

The crowd was awesome, the club is new. Imagine what it'll be like after the "we have a new club" fever wears off, or if the team starts losing? The club could well go the same way as its predecessors.

Your club is playing good football, your supporters unfortunately leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry guys.
I bet you would be the first one to get on here and sook if they did fire up and bait you!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Perrymatta said:
No sour grapes, a genuine concern for the team.
Rubbish. Its just sour grapes.
It was a packed house. You lost. Get over it.

Dutchy

Immortal
What the f**k is everyones problem?

Hes not posting on behalf as a Parra fan...but as a LEAGUE fan worried about the lack of passion the majority of fans showed at the game...

Its no point packing a stadium full off disintersted nitwits..

Will be like having a full Suncorp full of Mimes!!!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Perrymatta said:

No, you guys just burnt down your stadium one season.

You fool. The Titans are a great team, and their crowd not acting like maniacs is a blessing, not a curse. It was a packed house, and while ever they continue to buy tickets and support their team, their club will remain successful.

Supporters can support in any way they want. If GC fans are happy to pay for their ticket and sit in silence each week that's their right to do so.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Dakink said:
Perry has a very large dose of sour grapes.

The atmosphere at the ground was great.

The Eels did have worries with the illness that swept through the club - but having said that you can only beat what is put in front of you - and the Titans did that in style.

Stop whineing and appreciate the effort put in by your players and the skills displayed by Prince and co. I certainly have more respect for a number of the Eels after learing how sick some of them were. Its a tough enough sport at full fitness.

As i previously indicated, there are no sour grapes. I've been to plenty or more important matches and come off being flogged by a bigger scoreline than Sundays games. I'll see plenty more wins, and plenty more losses.

I'm aware of the illness the Eels players had, but not once had i mentioned it as an excuse for the loss againt the Titans. You're right, Titans played what was in front of them and as i've said plenty of times before, the Titans played a magical game of football. My major gripe is that i felt like the Titans supporters didn't appreciate it.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Kingytek said:
Was it a sell out?
So let me get this straight, we dont appriciate having a team yet we can sellout our stadium.
Nice try, you should head off now!
BTW, Don't hide behind the fact that some of your players were ill, if you had the depth, it shouldn't have been a problem.

Well we were told it was a sellout while we were at the ground.. despite there being plenty of seats in the stand, but thats besides the point, it was a sellout for arguements sake.

Yes you can sell out a stadium NOW. You'll probably do it the rest of the season too. The club is new, and the local area is excited. But will you sell your new stadium out in 2 years? What about when a few of your better players get injured? What about when the Titans are at the bottom of the ladder? Will the new crop of fans get bored? I hope not, but i would think so on the basis of their enthusiasm for a win.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Dummy Spit Johns said:
I bet you would be the first one to get on here and sook if they did fire up and bait you!

Go read through every post i've made on LU, you won't find one where i'm whinging about opposition teams fairing me up and baiting me.

Perrymatta

Juniors
doggone said:
Keep your opinion to youself it's pathetic.:sarcasm: Perrythetic names suits.

Guess what? This is a discussion forum, so unless you have something constructive to add, keep the personal attacks to yourself.

Coaster

Bench
Perrymatta said:
Go read through every post i've made on LU, you won't find one where i'm whinging about opposition teams fairing me up and baiting me.

Your a dimwit, 2 posts later you wrote this

Guess what? This is a discussion forum, so unless you have something constructive to add, keep the personal attacks to yourself.

:sarcasm:

I dont know how many times you have to be told the same thing, nobody on the Gold Coast or any other place on earth, gives 2 sh*ts about what some Parra scum with a chip on her shoulder thinks about the atmosphere.

Considering the Half time score was 22 blot, im suprised the crowd didnt ask for there money back, considering that useless effort displayed by 16 of your players.

We have played Parra twice this year so far, and have flogged them twice, so if the crowd thought they were watching a training run, well they were, as i said, it was like watching a grown man beat the crap out of a 8 year old girl.:lol::lol:

So if there was any lack luster in the crowd, the blame falls squarly on your team for offering nothing, do you understand??

Please dont bother coming back up here, you took a spot that a Gold Coaster could have taken.

I notice there is only standing room left for Mondays game also, how is the ticket sales for your match this weekend?:roll:

Coaster

Bench
scottyj said:
Perry 4 PM!!!

Im not sure how to respond to such classic banter, delivered with such force, you really got us with that one. LOL

Now go back to your hole Troll

Latest posts