What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats

lolesi

First Grade
We really did not play well today, really both teams did not, Hampstead was a joke for both teams, but oh well, thats football.

Good luck for rest of the year, and the semi;s, hope to see you there.

Dragon

Coach
Onya Lolesi, i cant imagine how hard that was for you to post. :clap:

A very close game, but i (unusually) never felt uncomfortable watching it. IMO i just think the Sharks lack the attacking flare of the 99's etc. I dont know if the better team won today, because i think both were equally ordinary.

Better luck next year.

lolesi

First Grade
We lacked the attacking flair of Kimmorley and Peachey, and with Dykes back next year, it will be on again!

Wobbygong

First Grade
Well done Saints, the game was ordinary, but you guys had the class to deliver the knock out blow.

I'm not too proud to admit we don't have the cattle to compete against the big guns, Kimmorley is a big loss to us, but then again you guys have about 6 topline players out, so we certainly can't whinge.

Well done, and see you next year.

Jamesy

Juniors
I don't think we delivered the knock-out blow. Thats what i think our problem was today. We just could deliver the try to put the sharks to sleep. I was worried at one point when th sharks came within 2 points of us. It was kinda like dejavu.

Rexxy

Coach
Wobbygong said:
Well done Saints, the game was ordinary, but you guys had the class to deliver the knock out blow.

I'm not too proud to admit we don't have the cattle to compete against the big guns, Kimmorley is a big loss to us, but then again you guys have about 6 topline players out, so we certainly can't whinge.

Well done, and see you next year.

Thanks Wobby.

It was very ugly, but we'll take the two points :lol:

Good to see some Sharks fan who have some class.

Jimbo

Immortal
Wezman007 said:
I don't think we delivered the knock-out blow.

I don't think so either. The game was there to be won, but one side happened to lose it instead.

Well done on the 2 points

:clap:

Southernsaint

Staff member
That was one of the poorer game of football I've seen in a while, but to get the two points against The Scum & come away with no real injury or judiciary concerns is all that matters.

At least Saints have given those clowns at the Telecrap more fuel for the "inconsistency" fire. Perhaps the boys should have lost the game to prove to all the doubters that they're consistent...

Cheers,
Ben S.

CyberKev

Staff member
As you'd expect from this fixture, a nice level of intensity and passion...

Shame about the standard of the match itself, which had to be at least as bad as the Broncos clash from a few weeks back, but at least we got the points on offer here.

The Sharks went well allowing for the key players missing, and recovered strongly from a shaky start. They ensured the Dragons were never comfortable and could have sprung the upset had their ball handling been tighter.

Barrett deserved Player of the Match honours, but once again I was wowed by Hornby who has admirable diversity in his game and can attack and defend with equal aplomb.

I dare say we will severely miss Riddell in 2005. His ability to hit a defending pack on the tryline and bury them to get the ball down is little short of sensational.

Creagh will be a fab player, no doubt, but Brown really oughta have a chat with the lad and ensure that he gets this penchant for lounging in the tackle out of his game. He deserved to get nailed for it yesterday, and pushed the envelope on a few more occasions.

CyberKev

Booyah

Bench
Yeah good game guys. A bit of concern for you though, because I think most of us Sharkies in the end were expecting a flogging, but you seemed unable to deliver the knock-out punch.

Anyway, your jabs and uppercuts were still good enough to deliver us a TKO, so congrats on a good win.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Booyah said:
Yeah good game guys. A bit of concern for you though, because I think most of us Sharkies in the end were expecting a flogging, but you seemed unable to deliver the knock-out punch.

Anyway, your jabs and uppercuts were still good enough to deliver us a TKO, so congrats on a good win.

If Easts can use Origin & the epic encounter from Round 19 as an excuse for flat performances, so can Saints, LOL

The club has delivered "knockout punches" to teams the calibre of Penrith already this season, you can't do it every week.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Jimbo

Immortal
Southernsaint said:
The club has delivered "knockout punches" to teams the calibre of Penrith already this season, you can't do it every week.

That's true, but Penrith have certainly turned things around since then.

Its all very well belting Souths and the Tigers, but until you deliver knockouts to the likes of Melbourne, Brisbane, Chooks and Bulldogs, questions will still be asked.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Jimbo said:
Southernsaint said:

That's true, but Penrith have certainly turned things around since then.

Its all very well belting Souths and the Tigers, but until you deliver knockouts to the likes of Melbourne, Brisbane, Chooks and Bulldogs, questions will still be asked.

Jimbo,

You raise a valid point to an extent, but in the context of the original post, I think that the "excuses" that Saints could offer for their flatness are vaild, just as they probably are for Easts.

On the other side of the coin, the only team to really deliver a "knockout" against Saints was Melbourne in Round Three & I'd venture to say that the result would be different if Saints meet them in the finals...

Cheers,
Ben S.

As ugly as it was, the Saints did enough to get the two points. In the end that's all that matters. The current Saints team seems to be a year or two ahead of the Sharks in experience under Brown's coaching. Their playing depth is also better.

The Sharks are still getting used to Raper, and will improve. I expect some close games between the two sides in the coming seasons.