What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Broncos

melon....

Coach
Tough Game....and a deserved win. Too much dropped ball by Easts. Good Luck for the rest of the year, and as for the Sandpit Knee Graveyard sh.it hole called Suncorp, maybe they'll get the surface right if your players start doing knees.

All the best.

TheROCK

Juniors
Thanks melon. I knew the Roosters fans were going to blow up about the Fitzy's knee. Sorry, not the grounds fault. Just unfortunate.

ozzie

Bench
must be a hoodoo ground for us then - two games with players there and two out for a season with knee injuries...anyways well done better side won - two classic matches between us this year and its one all - see you in the finals -

melon....

Coach
TheROCK said:
Thanks melon. I knew the Roosters fans were going to blow up about the Fitzy's knee. Sorry, not the grounds fault. Just unfortunate.
Rock,

Finch also has LAteral damage to his knee. And Stu Kelly almost lost a leg in goal. He looked like he was running on ice. SANDcorp Stadium may be a great venue, but the surface is well under standard.

Blade

Juniors
melon.... said:
Tough Game....and a deserved win. Too much dropped ball by Easts. Good Luck for the rest of the year, and as for the Sandpit Knee Graveyard sh.it hole called Suncorp, maybe they'll get the surface right if your players start doing knees.

All the best.

You're a gentleman mate :)

salivor

First Grade
That game was right out of the top draw which I really didn't expect with a couple of Broncos being rested and only two days after origin. The Broncos looked really good with Maguire replacing Ikin. I hope Bennett takes notice because Casey was one of the best players on the field last night and Ikin couldn't play himself out of a paper bag of late.
Ultimately though I think last night was a real credit to the Roosters amazing defence. The Broncos really turned up the heat for the last hour or so and could only score 10 points, that would've been 30 against any other team.

Congrats Bronco's. WHAT A GAME !!

As for the ground, there is a definate problem. It isn't the fault of the Bronco's Club, the responsibilty rests with Suncorp.

Do any Bronco Supporters know where you guys train, is it Red Hill?

Honestly, I couldn't see anything in that tackle on Fitzy to warrant the injury he sustained. Suncorp have to fix this problem up.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I thought for sure that the Roosters had that won.... but congrats to the Broncos for a good game tough game.

TheROCK

Juniors
melon.... said:
TheROCK said:
Rock,

Finch also has LAteral damage to his knee. And Stu Kelly almost lost a leg in goal. He looked like he was running on ice. SANDcorp Stadium may be a great venue, but the surface is well under standard.

The surface is well under standard, I agree. But I didn't think the bad surface was the cause of Fitzgibbon's injury at all. When running into that tackle, his knee was going in an awkward position, and not because of the surface, but because of the way he was being tackled. That's my opinion anyway.

salivor said:
The Broncos looked really good with Maguire replacing Ikin. I hope Bennett takes notice because Casey was one of the best players on the field last night and Ikin couldn't play himself out of a paper bag of late.

The problem is, our halves on Friday night were useless. No kicking game, no passing game, not even a sign that they were directing the team around. Casey and Berro aren't playmakers at all, therefore they shouldn't be our halves combination.

It beats me why Prince wasn't selected again. In saying that, Seymour did all right coming off the bench.

It was a great game by the Broncos. It wasn't our best game, but we won, so that's what counts. But if we want to win the comp, we can't have Ikin and Berrigan as our halves combination. Ikin has a poor kicking game, and wouldn't be able to tackle my grandma. He's got a good passing game, which is the only good thing about his game unfortunately.

I admire his courage to come back, and to try his hardest, but he's just not cutting it, and I don't think it's fair for Brett Seymour and Scott Prince. Ikin should be in Toowoomba.

If we want to win this comp, we need to have a creative and talented halfback. Scott Prince is the answer. He's such a waste if he's not playing first grade.

I know it wont happen, but this would be my side for the Dragons game, and every game for the season.

1.Lockyer
2.Minto
3.Tate
4.De Vere
5.Kelly
6.Berrigan
7.Prince
8.Webcke
9.Swain
10.Civoniceva
11.Tallis
12.Parker
13.Carroll

14.Meyers
15.Carlaw
16.Webb
17.McGuire

Carlaw is suited coming off the bench and used as an impact player, same as Webb, which is why I put them on the bench.

Parker is better off starting, same with Carroll. Meyers seems to be drained out late in the match, and constantly makes silly errors. It would benefit the team, and Meyers' game if he came off the bench.

McGuire has to be there too. He is such a versatile player, very handy. Terrific support player too.

With that team, we can win the comp IMO.

salivor

First Grade
TheRock I definetly agree that they're probably not suited together as a halves combination. If Ikin goes then next year I'd definetly expect Berrigan to move to 5/8 and Prince to come into halfback. Why Bennett was being gun shy on that combination on Friday beats me. Maguire as you said has to be there as hooker with Swain leaving.