What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Browny

Acka

Coach
For those of you who follow the English rugby league Huddersfield have made the final of the Challenge Cup by beating St Helens in the semi final. FYI Huddersfield is the side Nathan Brown coaches over in the UK. They will be playing Warrington in the final at Wembley Stadium after Warrington beat my favourite pommy side Wigan in the other semi final.

Yeah, damn, why did we ever let him go?

Oh that's right, we couldn't afford to keep him and had to settle for Bennett instead :lol:

Gaba

First Grade
yeah Bennett :)

even though i like Brownie , You would be mad not to take Bennett

big pat

Coach
good on browny, i hope they win it, nathan has just gone over and got on with the job, no inflated ego's to worry about.

Doug2234

First Grade
Always good to see two Dragons coaches go head to head

Browny's Huddersfield beat Mick Potters St Helens

RedV6

Juniors
amazing what brownie can do when he gets to run the team not the execs etc

Well done

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Browny will come back a better coach from England. If he wins the Challenge Cup I can se him getting poached by one of the bigger clubs in England next season.

It's funny how Huddersfield had a choice out of Browny or Folkes and they chose the coach who has never won a Premiership over the coach who has won one.

Acka

Coach
Watched Warrington yesterday. Great defensive effort to hold Wigan to a mere 26 points.

Defence hasn't been a strong point of the English game for many years. I remember watching one game on TV between Hull KR and Warrington that ended up 40-36 in the favour of Hull KR. It was 24-22 at halftime. It was pretty much a game of touch football.

dovif

Juniors
Defence hasn't been a strong point of the English game for many years. I remember watching one game on TV between Hull KR and Warrington that ended up 40-36 in the favour of Hull KR. It was 24-22 at halftime. It was pretty much a game of touch football.

That suits Browny just fine, Defense has never been a strong point of Browny as a player or a coach

Unlike Saint Wayne, we have let in 252 points in 20 games, the doggies' 3rd best defense let in 358 points, 106 points worse.

The Storms are the only team within 100 points of us in against

Godz Illa

Coach
That suits Browny just fine, Defense has never been a strong point of Browny as a player or a coach
Funny, because the main difference between Huddersfield and the rest of the Superleague is their defence. Brown has helped to the the best defensive record in the league.
For us last year, despite finishing 7th, we were the 3rd best defence in the league, behind Manly and Melbourne

Smoove_Saint

Juniors
Good on Browny... but that comp's a kindergarden for Aussies - Players and Coaches!!

I can't see anyone coming and doing what Bennett has/is doing when that time comes.