What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connor Tracey - fullback

bluefox68

Staff member
Saw this on FB...

Apparently Moyza has said on ‘The Drive’ that Tracey is training at FB and he is training at 6.

If that is correct, that could be a really good option for us with our current group of players...

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Sounds positive.

I fear a trial injury resulting in Tracey on the sidelines and mr boring slotting in to fullback.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Saw this on FB...

Apparently Moyza has said on ‘The Drive’ that Tracey is training at FB and he is training at 6.

If that is correct, that could be a really good option for us with our current group of players...

I listened to it, he said Tracey and Kennedy are both training at Fullback and looking really good. Said Tracey has spent alot of time time training at fullback.

Said he expects to play 6 rd 1. They asked what his favourite position was and he avoided answering and said he was just happy to play football.

I am curious to see how Tracey goes at 1, has all the offensive weapons imo - Fast, good acceleration, ball playing, could probably bust a few tackles, atleast more than Kennedy!

Defense could be an issue, or just lack of experience there?

snout

First Grade
Saw this on FB...

Saw this on FB...

That was reported on here a month ago bluey.
By yours truly.
Someone at the club told me this is Morris's preferred option.
He is big Tracey fan and has tried to get him on the park for 80 and this is the way

bluefox68

Staff member
That was reported on here a month ago bluey.
By yours truly.
Someone at the club told me this is Morris's preferred option.
He is big Tracey fan and has tried to get him on the park for 80 and this is the way
Nice work, mate!

ghoti

Bench
I hope this works! I have doubts about Tracey's defensive reads and can see a lot of errors at the back but it feels like it'll work for his attacking style at least...seemed to struggle with decision making as a 6 in first grade, maybe playing out the back and going by instinct will help.

I know the forum is very anti-Kennedy and pro-Tracey, and I hope I'm wrong and CT2 kicks on at the back, but I think it's a like-for-like exchange between Kennedy & Tracey

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
I hope this works! I have doubts about Tracey's defensive reads and can see a lot of errors at the back but it feels like it'll work for his attacking style at least...seemed to struggle with decision making as a 6 in first grade, maybe playing out the back and going by instinct will help.

I know the forum is very anti-Kennedy and pro-Tracey, and I hope I'm wrong and CT2 kicks on at the back, but I think it's a like-for-like exchange between Kennedy & Tracey

I see your point ghoti for sure.
1 difference I see in them though is I feel like CT2 is more confident, everytime I see Kennedy he seems to be second guessing or just trying to not f**k up rather than to excel.

Weaponhead

Coach

Fair points. Fullback is a tough position to play. People tend to focus on attack in rating fullbacks but defence is critical. Have to able to read the attack and communicate quickly and precisely. Need to anticipate to defuse kicks and be strong in contact. Have to a strong all round footballer with athleticism.

Tracey has good pace and plays with intensity. Positional play will take time to develop. Don't see him as a real footballer, more an opportunistic runner.

Kennedy has done ok. Shows glimpses but seems to lack confidence and intensity. Also made some big errors at bad times. Will be interesting to see how Morris plays it.

Ads

First Grade
I would like to see this happen.
Same. However I’d be happy with tracey there over Kennedy. Tracey and metcalf both have ball playing in the locker. Hugely important. Kennedy has bits of it but plays way too timid to utilise it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So who is the quickets over 10m, 40m, 100m.

Why is this information so hard to come by?

Williams can dead lift your grandmother, mother uncle Alfred and Quigs, probably why he cannot catch or read a game.

I digress, why do I not know this?

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Talking about Jack Williams I saw a picture of him and he looks like a different person now. His face is thin and I have no idea what they have done to him. Anyone else see this. Might have been in sharks Instagram?

Tiger Shark

Bench
Talking about Jack Williams I saw a picture of him and he looks like a different person now. His face is thin and I have no idea what they have done to him. Anyone else see this. Might have been in sharks Instagram?

The forward Williams or the half /hooker version?