What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connor Watson Should Be Released

He has no role in the team. His only genuine position in an NRL side is at fullback. He is a poor dummy half and lacks a kicking game. Easts need to do the right thing and let this guy find a new club.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I tend to agree, but more so for his own good and footy career. We're covered with good players in each position he can play.

Clifferd

Coach
He could probably find himself a starting spot at the Tigers. Him/Lolohea can battle out the fb spot

Cogburn

Juniors
Watson is a promising player but I really think he's overrated. I don't think he's as good as a lot of people are making out. If he was that good, he'd be in the team.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Watson is a promising player but I really think he's overrated. I don't think he's as good as a lot of people are making out. If he was that good, he'd be in the team.

Isn't that the same with Kalyn Ponga though? They're both promising youngsters but who do you boot to place them in the top side?!

Valheru

Coach
I don't think there is anything wrong with a player like Watson playing the first few years of his career as a utility and a replacement during origin. The problem is he is barely getting any time on the field as a utility. If he was getting 30 minutes a week there is probably no issue.

He does seem like a decent player but he is far from a superstar and perhaps even a first grader with Easts. Yes game time is an issue and he has been overhyped based on a few encouraging performances. I just think the guy has a better chance of playing first grade elsewhere and the club should probably do the right thing by him at the end of the season and release him.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Nah he's staying. (well I bloody well hope so!) Did a fantastic job for us today and got the feeling he was quietly ecstatic to be given the chance to play big minutes when Friend was injured early in the game.