1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Contenders

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by ozenzud, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ozenzud

ozenzud Juniors

They don't give out premierships in March. But who now thinks the warriors are now premiership contenders?
    • A forward pack completely and utterly dominated.
    • A defensive pattern that crumbles as soon as the other team makes yards.
    • Halves that go missing for long periods of tough games.
    • Centres who I could beat in a foot race....thats bad people
    I'd be seriously happy if they make the 8 and don't get the wooden spoon. I'll still watch every game and put myself through it. But I've got a feeling its gunna be a long season.

Other than orchestrated dropping of the ball, did anyone see any sort of game plan or reaction to what Easts were doing last night? Poorest performance in 4 or 5 years I reckon.

2. ozenzud

ozenzud Juniors

And I took account of that Brisbanes finals performance last year in making my claim that it was the "poorest warriors performance in 5 years" assessment. Brisbane were a good team. The chooks are rubbish!

3. Penrose Warrior

Penrose Warrior First Grade

I know it's a cliche but I'm not judging them on a few performances. Yes they have been very average but they are adjusting to a new coach.

And the Roosters were very, very good last night. Yes our forwards didn't aim but they didn't because they were smashed off the park by a fired-up pack.

4. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Referee

The Tigers were premiership favoirites pre-season. That should tell you how much value pre-season predictions have. Oh and Manly are now 2 & 3 as well.

5. Izz

Izz Bench

And they'll be getting worse, now Foran's done his hammy.