What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

continuing negotiations with other players

Basque Eel

Juniors
Parra saying that they won't be buying any more big name players for 2010 signings. The team really needs an experienced halfback. If Matt Head is off contract at the end of the season would he possibly be a bargain buy to fill this position and help the younger less experienced players, eg. Keating, Mortimer.

Last edited:

lewiscook

Juniors
Give me head anyday of the week! :sarcasm::p
What do you reckon DA's thoughts would be on having head as a regular each week. . .
Sorry guys couldn't control my self :D

TheRam

Coach
Well I suppose that is academic, he did suffer a knee injury and he has not been much chop ever since. I don't want him here.

cgee221

Juniors
It's amazing how knee injuries seem to f players over and it's a shame too, because there is so much talent that is lost as a result. :(

Both Head and Ben Smith have had multiple knee injuries too!

The thing with Ben Smith is though, I think he might be a bit of an Ash Graham case, it may take him a year or two, but he will get back to his best eventually. One just wonders whether he'll have a contract or not when that time comes?

Eels Dude

Coach
What's the point of having an experienced halfback at the club if he can't stay healthy enough to stay on the field? Matt Head has great talent, but very injury prone and hardly a saviour if joining Parramatta.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
even if his chronic injuries continued, matt head would be good for helping young mortimer and keating learn how to lead the team around the park and how to deal with being targetted in defence.

worth a spot in the 25 on min salary, or even match payments

The thing with Ben Smith is though, I think he might be a bit of an Ash Graham case, it may take him a year or two, but he will get back to his best eventually. One just wonders whether he'll have a contract or not when that time comes?

Or he might be like Ash Graham and never be good.

How can we chase Wing and claim to only wanna buy bargain players? Isn't that a direct contradiction?

PJ Marshal

Coach
ash graham > willie tonga .... peoples feelings in 2003

i think we will take anyone expensive or cheap if ando wants them tbh

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Im happy with developing kk and mortimer. They are out future halves. We got the forward pack now, got some great backs not to mention a host of promising players in our wenty teams.

We are looking good for next season.

slippery_sucker

Juniors
"We also look forward to continuing negotiations with other players for season 2010."

Who is DA talking to now?? Kelly and Wing are both no goes now, imo..
would he go after Monas now??
Theres also talk of a centre... who would be the best fit for our team???

Eels Dude

Coach
Where is that quote from? It's pretty pointless to just mention that one sentence with no source, and in no context to any question asked. It could simply refer to our current players who are without a contract for next season.

yy_cheng

Coach
even if his chronic injuries continued, matt head would be good for helping young mortimer and keating learn how to lead the team around the park and how to deal with being targetted in defence.

worth a spot in the 25 on min salary, or even match payments

but isn't that John's job

Latest posts