What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract extensions for young guns

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good stuff Jim!! Saw the headline and wondered who and all four were names I was hoping to read. Hope Vete also gets the same treatment, any idea when he's contracted til?

Meth

Staff member
Great signing.

Really looking forward to seeing Sipley get his break, when the time comes.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So (Assuming Vete also gets an extension) thats our propping stocks sorted I think- I wouldn't be chasing any big $$ front rowers now. As far as recruitment goes #6 is probably still our most obvious target position, a solid, experienced partner for SJ would still be invaluable. Every other position looks fairly well covered now.

Iafeta

Referee
Excellent re-signs for sure. All three are outstanding talents. Hopefully Vete is under lock and key soon as well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Man or gains and losses over the course of 2015 are looking awesome.

out:
Tomkins
Rapira
Matangi
Neilsen
(probably) Townsend

In or blooded and locked up:
RTS
Luke
Lisone
Kata
Lolohea
Wright
Sipley (assumning he goes as well as we think he will)

Every one of the losses bar Townsend has been replaced by player who is younger and (at least on current form) significantly better- I included Jonno Wright there too because even he has proven to be a significant upgrade on Neilsen (who we appear to have dodged a bullet with by releasing when we did).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On the subject of jerseys I was happy to see that the women in league special at least kept to a largely black colour scheme- I don't mind special jerseys do much of they keep with the club colours, that way when you get a big crowd in team gear it'll still look like a recognisable sea of our fans. The dragons and dogs do that really well with their colours.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
This is awesome news! I can't remember us really losing anyone that we actually desperately wanted to keep in the past few seasons or even overall?

ozbash

Referee
If they do cut the interchange, these younger, more mobile players are just what we need.