What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract issue- Possible solution

snickers007

Juniors
Yet Burton played well for the Panthers after the Panthers said no.

Also I don't recall Dale Finnucane, Nicho Hynes nor the Sharks for that matter, asking the Storm for an early release. Nor Josh Addo Carr and the Bulldogs asking for an early release for him. So based on one player and what would be his new club asking for an early release its a "crisis"?! Gimme a break.

Burton signed with the Bulldogs in November last year, started the year in NSW Cup, and plays a position that the Bulldogs were struggling to fill for 2020. The Bulldogs angled for an early release on the basis that they could offer him an NRL spot right away, while he was being held back at Penrith.

Finucane & Hynes signed with the Sharks mid-season (June/July). Both were Top 17 certainties, in a team neck deep in the finals race. By that stage, the Sharks had no room to move with their roster, and Melbourne would have rightly laughed them out of the room if they requested an early release. I doubt Dale or Nicho would have wanted to go at that stage either.

Josh Addo-Carr actually requested an early release from the Storm to join the Tigers from 2021 onwards. When Melbourne said "no" the Tigers backed out, and he signed with the Bulldogs. Knowing Melbourne had already said no to the Tigers, they didn't bother asking - and additionally, they had signed Cotric and Allen as outside back options.

Seems pretty obvious that none of Finucane, Hynes or Addo-Carr's situations are similar to Burton's, so I'm not sure why you would try to compare them?

The_Frog

First Grade
Yet Burton played well for the Panthers after the Panthers said no.

Also I don't recall Dale Finnucane, Nicho Hynes nor the Sharks for that matter, asking the Storm for an early release. Nor Josh Addo Carr and the Bulldogs asking for an early release for him. So based on one player and what would be his new club asking for an early release its a "crisis"?! Gimme a break.
Who called it a crisis? Not me. But the Dogs and their buddies in the media were quite incessant for many months to the point of nausea in full knowledge that they didn't have a leg to stand on, and ended up with egg on their faces. At least Laundy apologised.

Latest posts