What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controlling the ruck

eel01s

Bench
Yesterday the Storm absolutely schooled us in how to dominate the ruck.

Even Brett Kimmorley on Fox mentioned after half time that Bellamy was happy that they were winning the wrestle. Yes they seemed to hold the Eels down in the tackle, and made our players the last to get to their feet.

Cam Smith was brilliant in getting the roll on happening.

However what I couldn't understand was our tactics with the ball. One thing that has improved in general this season for us is the quick and flat passing (especially from Maguire, but also from Keating and Mitchell). Yesterday Mitchell seemed to only want to pass deep from dummy half. I can't recall any flat passes designed to get the forwards over the advantage line. This allowed the Storm to number up and smash our runners - hence the reason we couldn't make over 40m in any set of six.

Why the sudden departure from our game plan this season? I think Mitchell is talented, but now can see why he is third choice hooker. Of course when he went off we went even further backwards.

Thoughts?

eel4life

Juniors
The answer is simple

1. Billy Slater
9. Cameron Smith
7. Cooper Cronk

1. Jarryd Hayne
9. Anthony Mitchell
7. Jeff Robson

swap the spine then swap the result