What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coops cage fighting?

saintsarah

Juniors
Hi, i read in the paper today that Matt Cooper is keen to try out MMA fighting...apparently he's been training using their techniques the past few years due to not being able to train like the rest of the squad due to recurrent injuries. He's hoping to improve on his techniques and is aiming to have a fight in the future to see how he measures up..

gUt

Coach
Would be cool if he could make a go of it, a good advert for our code.

aqua_duck

Coach
With the amount of wrestling that NRL players are coached he could make a good fist of it if he trained hard for 6-12 months

DUB888

Juniors
Some body needs to put price in a cage and THROW AWAY THE KEY....PLLEEEAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godz Illa

Coach
It's an awful barbaric "sport" with zero redeeming qualities. Glorifies the absolute worst in the species. I hope Coops doesn't stoop so low

Collateral

Coach
It's an awful barbaric "sport" with zero redeeming qualities. Glorifies the absolute worst in the species. I hope Coops doesn't stoop so low

Youre not one of those muppets who says that & then turns around and says "boxing is okay though", are you?

Collateral

Coach
Well thats debatable considering boxing fights last a lot longer than an MMA fight and MMA fighters dont get a standing 10 count 3 times per round when they are semi KO'd.

I dont mind people not liking combat sports but the boxing hate of MMA is laughable.

Godz Illa

Coach
Well thats debatable considering boxing fights last a lot longer than an MMA fight and MMA fighters dont get a standing 10 count 3 times per round when they are semi KO'd.

I dont mind people not liking combat sports but the boxing hate of MMA is laughable.
I wouldn't mind if both existed only in history books