What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COREY ACKERS

_Johnsy

Referee
He sure hits like JDB. Have watched some footage of Corey from this year and he is now a pretty big, solid unit.. and with developing ball skills. Looks a good prospect for us so keep him.
Is he a St George or Steelers junior?
I'd hazard a guess St George mate, the footage George linked had him playing against the steelers in one of the games.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
He sure hits like JDB. Have watched some footage of Corey from this year and he is now a pretty big, solid unit.. and with developing ball skills. Looks a good prospect for us so keep him.
The footage you watched of Corey who was he playing for that would be a good clue of his junior area

kit66

Bench
This video was posted during the week so I thought I would start a thread on Corey.

Corey is only 17 and has had 3 seasons in Matts with Dragons.

He is now training with the Flegg boys and could get some game time later in the year.

He is signed until 2024, the club has high hopes for him. He hits like a axe and they are looking at developing his ball playing skills. He could end up a similar player to JDB.

Hammer Time !

Imagine if Burgess hit like that. He's got a great step too for a big fella.

denis preston

First Grade
100% with you. You have pay for the priviledge with a TELE online acct to watch these promising kids. They need greater exposure. Fox used to telecast the Under 20 comp. To be honest was baffled why the NRL scrapped that.
Why do they need greater exposure ? They are only kids and whilst we saw a few potential champions come through in the U20 comp, a bloody lot were ruined by delusions of grandeur ( by themselves and their parents ! ) Our own Mundine etc are examples. I get what George was saying by at least reporting the junior rep games on the Dragons only site and all our players deserve appreciation but telling the world who the club thinks will be great players of the future is detrimental to the security of our pathways program and only gives player managers extra ammunition in their negotiations. The club is at least doing the right thing with showing recognition by offering contracts to these players , surely ?

George Dragon

Juniors
Well writing them up for all our opposition to know our junior stars will increase the chances of losing them

Total rubbish.

Every junior rep games has at least half a dozen agents and club scouts at them.
Schoolboys cup would have the same amount of reps from every club.

All clubs have access to Hudle which has every game rep on it. (Where this highlights package comes from.)

If a player is half decent they already have a manager and signed to a club by 16.

Clubs would know about Corey way before a highlights video is made. These are purely for fans, I've never heard a player say they were signed because of a video.
Clubs go into way more depth before they sign a player.

Dragons4me

Juniors
This video was posted during the week so I thought I would start a thread on Corey.

Corey is only 17 and has had 3 seasons in Matts with Dragons.

He is now training with the Flegg boys and could get some game time later in the year.

He is signed until 2024, the club has high hopes for him. He hits like a axe and they are looking at developing his ball playing skills. He could end up a similar player to JDB.

Thank you George. Where would we be without you giving us some background on our juniors. I'd bill the club for your time and effort if I were you in letting us know who are coming through. At the very least, you've got my support for the job that clearly no-one at the club is doing. I'm really going to get to the earlier games now that I'm retired next year to see for myself.

denis preston

First Grade
Wish him well and he looks exciting but we must temper it with who he is playing against. He is a forward and a St George junior so about time we had someone from there. How did he go if he did in fact play some Jersey Flegg ?

Rod Coil

Juniors
A true St.George junior - Arncliffe Scots. SG Ball player of the year.
He was going alright in this years grand final until he got 10 minutes in the bin for running in after his team-mate got whacked in the head. The team never recovered from his absence.

Latest posts