What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Jensen

Big Pete

Referee
He's in that Rhys Kennedy mould where he isn't going to set the world on fire but he fills the role and can fill a role in the rotation.

I see the signing as an attempt to rebalance the cap, with Haas, Flegler and Carrigan being the marquee props (for now).

Dazzat

First Grade
Signing Jensen and Ryan, while letting Bullemore go makes little sense.

One look at Jensen's average run metres ... well ... he's a defensive forward, let's put it nicely.

Ryan couldn't make the Canberra team for most of the season.

Meanwhile Bullemore showed in multiple games this year, he is a game breaker - and young.

I suppose we'll put Bullemore in the same category as Walsh, Walker, Fifita.

DeeJ

Bench
Especially annoying since Flegler is on reportedly big money. I think Bullemore has a much higher ceiling.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
He's in that Rhys Kennedy mould where he isn't going to set the world on fire but he fills the role and can fill a role in the rotation.

I see the signing as an attempt to rebalance the cap, with Haas, Flegler and Carrigan being the marquee props (for now).

Carrigan and marquee should never be used in the same sentence

Dazzat

First Grade
I'd put Carrigan in the Josh McGuire category. Will probably lead hit-ups in most games, consistent, but not outstanding.

Bronco18

Juniors
Especially annoying since Flegler is on reportedly big money. I think Bullemore has a much higher ceiling.

Can’t get them all. Fleglar came through earlier so I can understand the decision there. We’ll see how Bullemore turns out, it is a shame he’s going though but he was in and out of the top squad, there might be a reason for it. I questioned Lodge and TPJ going who were among our more consistent performers but the team’s performances improved when they left.

Big Pete said it best with rebalance - it was only a couple of years back when we had every “best young forward” coming through and look where that got us.

Its not ideal with us at the moment but we’re going to first have to be at least a regular top 8 team before we start keeping prodigious young talent for unders like the Roosters/Storm. Look at how long it took the Panthers to get to where they are now, and they didn’t start at rock bottom like we did.

Showtime

Juniors
Hetherington has usurped Carrigan now surely.
I agree, as of right now I think the forward pack will be Haas, Turpin 😒, Flegler, Capewell, Riki, Hetherington. I’m still not 100% sold on Riki, some games he looks great and others ordinary but he should fix the difference between bad and good games as he gets older. I tuned in to watch Piakura on the weekend but he was seeing stars early and never got back on the field which was a shame because I’ve never seen him play.

I think Carrigan will fight for a bench spot between Paix, Kennedy, Robati, James, Jensen, Piakura, Willison and Palasia.

Dazzat

First Grade
Carrigan is being groomed as a future captain - probably after Josh Reynolds leaves.

Hethrington will be a fantastic bench player, so I'd imagine Carrigan (who is typically close to an 80 minute player) will get the 13.

blaza88z

Coach
Signing Jensen and Ryan, while letting Bullemore go makes little sense.

One look at Jensen's average run metres ... well ... he's a defensive forward, let's put it nicely.

Ryan couldn't make the Canberra team for most of the season.

Meanwhile Bullemore showed in multiple games this year, he is a game breaker - and young.

I suppose we'll put Bullemore in the same category as Walsh, Walker, Fifita.

Game breaker? he scored a few tries, that's about it, hardly made a consistent week to week contribution in the middle third.

They're recruiting some hard nosed first graders, I will admit Jensen doesn't fit into that category but most of the other signings do.

Rhys Kennedy has been very ordinary for mine, Jensen probably has a bit more upside than Kennedy has

Dazzat

First Grade
He scored a few tries - which is more than most front rowers in the game. Bullemore has the goods for a young prop. Let's remember that typically props take until they are 25 to start showing the true potential. He's already showing he can make good metres in the middle, and break tackles close to the line.

I guarantee neither Ryan and definitely not Jensen will be doing any such thing.

DeeJ

Bench
Carrigan is being groomed as a future captain - probably after Josh Reynolds leaves.

Hethrington will be a fantastic bench player, so I'd imagine Carrigan (who is typically close to an 80 minute player) will get the 13.
I'm hoping this isn't the plan otherwise we will be back in Darius Boyd/Alex Glenn/Kurt Gidley territory. A captain that cannot perform to the level required yet cannot be dropped.