What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - It's Official...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
actually there is, we could mutually agree with brisbane to endorse them to resign norman and then free up money to upgrade loko if money was the issue.

the round 13 is a bitch for us right now, but if we were doing well and needing to protect our own players, we wouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm sure we can also decide to pull out of the Norman deal right up until the deadline (when the contract is registered). Otherwise why would all the clubs have agreed to it?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The media are lazy pricks these days. Can't be arsed putting in the hard yards that journos used to do in eras gone by, and now just make shit up and don't bother with multiple sources or confirmation of anything. No wonder newspapers and TV are dying.

I don't think it's laziness so much as a fundamental change in the relationship between the media and the players/officials.

The media used to protect clubs (and their employees) from scandal by not reporting on it. That gave them better access to the game's personalities.

These days there is such an appetite for scandal (amongst media consumers) that the media have to air everyone's dirty laundry in order to sell papers. Because if they don't report it some other merkin will.

strider

Post Whore
I'm sure we can also decide to pull out of the Norman deal right up until the deadline (when the contract is registered). Otherwise why would all the clubs have agreed to it?

really? ... i'm not so sure - never heard/read/seen anything that says it is possible .... i actualy assume it's not possible for the club to back out - they could run off sign a few players, then just bail on the one that doesn't pan out so well .... or bail on any player that gets injured during the season

i think the rule is purely to help the club losing the player and give them a last chance to keep them - all clubs agreed cos they all might be in that situation at some point

Craig Johnston

First Grade

the rule doesn't allow us to pull out, canberra challenged this after they lost out on smith and the nrl knocked it on the head

oldmancraigy

Coach

Absolutely incorrect!

The contract is binding. The 'home' club simply has the option of stumping up the same cash themselves and convincing the player to stay home for the same cash.

However the NRL will not register the contract until their set date. So clubs can sign players, but these players will be unable to play NRL the following season until their contract is registered - this doesn't stop their services being bound and the club being on the hook to pay them.

The reason we've only once (maybe twice?) seen the home club match money and then convince the bloke to stay is that if the bloke really wants to stay, then he tends to tell his agent to get the same cash from his home club to start with. The 'Papali incident' is very very odd.

(**my info gleaned from Tony Williams being poached from Parra by Manly**)

Tony Bongo

Bench
There was no premiership handed out that year :lol:

So we were the only legal team in the competition to make the grand final. [side note: farcical of the NRL not to hand those premierships over to Parra and Manly - sure, other teams could've claimed they might have etc etc - but the way it happens in almost every other sport is that the cheat gets stripped and the runner up crowned. Hollow? yes, but it might stop the senile old fool (Rabs) from calling Slater a 3 time premiership winner]

Sometimes I agree with you Old Man and this is one of those times.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I am not understanding that one, I support Brisbane, there was never any grand final between Parramatta and Brisbane

It's correct that you entered the casualty ward of this fan club but you stupidly then took a left hand turn near reception and ended up down in the deeply disturbed psychiatric ward. Due to the most sensitive nature of an Eels fan healing crises I ask you to please immediately remove yourself quietly, to next time read the "Do Not Disturb" signs and to stop antagonising the mentally deranged. We've done so much work on their recovery that we don't want them to experience another relapse. Memories of the 2009 GF, the News Limited, Storm & NRL Salary Cap Scandal and the 2011, & 2012 seasons have been a most traumatic experience for too many Eels fans. Please go in peace and if you wish to remain in contact with the mourning please contact their statistical psycho-stupid-analysis liaison officer, Mr Poo Poo Escobar, presently located undercover somewhere in the middle east. Legal/Lawful Disclaimer: Poo Poo Escobar is not an employee of this Forum nor of the Eels or Roy Spagnola or any brown paper bag manufacturer. This is not legal/lawful add-vice and therefore we take no responsibility if you choose to make contact with this mad-merkin and he bites your f**king head off. You have been warned, Rabis may have gotten the better of him.

Last edited:

cv8z

Juniors
It's correct that you entered the casualty ward of this fan club but you stupidly then took a left hand turn near reception and ended up down in the deeply disturbed psychiatric ward. Due to the most sensitive nature of an Eels fan healing crises I ask you to please immediately remove yourself quietly, to next time read the "Do Not Disturb" signs and to stop antagonising the mentally deranged. We've done so much work on their recovery that we don't want them to experience another relapse. Memories of the 2009 GF, the News Limited, Storm & NRL Salary Cap Scandal and the 2011, & 2012 seasons have been a most traumatic experience for too many Eels fans. Please go in peace and if you wish to remain in contact with the mourning please contact their statistical psycho-stupid-analysis liaison officer, Mr Poo Poo Escobar, presently located undercover somewhere in the middle east. Legal/Lawful Disclaimer: Poo Poo Escobar is not an employee of this Forum nor of the Eels or Roy Spagnola or any brown paper bag manufacturer. This is not legal/lawful add-vice and therefore we take no responsibility if you choose to make contact with this mad-merkin and he bites your f**king head off. You have been warned, Rabis may have gotten the better of him.
I should have listened to the voices in my head and not read this :crazy:

Ratchy

Juniors
Without the Brown paper bags from the thoroughbreds your club has come back to the pack big time.

Who also loaded up Bennetts pocket much to a few former players displeasure once that got out, yet the prick still likes to take moral high grounds.

The thoroughbreds were the biggest rort in the game.

Ratchy

Juniors
Like I said the Brisbane Broncos are and always will be a class act.

No they aren't, they are ruthless bunch of pricks who don't care about anything or anyone that is outside of their organisation. They've destroyed more than 1 club up in Qld not to mention giving very little back to the juniors they've picked the eyes out of since their inception despite saying the contrary when formed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who also loaded up Bennetts pocket much to a few former players displeasure once that got out, yet the prick still likes to take moral high grounds.

The thoroughbreds were the biggest rort in the game.
Yep Bennett a millionaire quite a few times over. He loves to play the poor card what a joke. 100k a year i think talbot payed him i wonder how much players got???