What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

TruSaint

Referee
I get your point that he isn't the complete player but that doesn't mean he should be dropped. He should continue his development in first grade because I guarantee, unlike Aitken and Lafai, other clubs will offer Dufty a NRL contract.
He would be a stupid loss. Like losing Ben Barba.

If he is aware that Gaz will likely leave back to the UK for 2020, then why leave ? as opposed to working on his game and becoming our number 1 long term.

PS not sure that he is our long term FB, but he could make his case. He will get chances in 2019.

possm

Coach
I get your point that he isn't the complete player but that doesn't mean he should be dropped. He should continue his development in first grade because I guarantee, unlike Aitken and Lafai, other clubs will offer Dufty a NRL contract.
He would be a stupid loss. Like losing Ben Barba.

An NRL contract can be offered with a start date for season 2020. Some KPI's should be included. In that way we don't have to risk losing first grade games during Dufty's development.

GC Dragon

Juniors
If he is aware that Gaz will likely leave back to the UK for 2020, then why leave ? as opposed to working on his game and becoming our number 1 long term.

PS not sure that he is our long term FB, but he could make his case. He will get chances in 2019.
Totally agree . I think Widdop will be fullback but as you say Dufty will get his chances . With Dufty available you could rest Widdop when he needs it , You could rest Hunt through the origin period . And if there are injuries to our 1 , 6 or 7 Dufty comes straight in .
The kid will play plenty of first grade and have a chance to earn a good long term contract from 2020 on . Or he can spit the dummy ask for a release and more than likely play reserve grade with somebody else . I still think the Dragons are his best chance of playing first grade long term .
This is where man management comes in coupled with the attitude of the young player.

Dragsters

First Grade
Totally agree . I think Widdop will be fullback but as you say Dufty will get his chances . With Dufty available you could rest Widdop when he needs it , You could rest Hunt through the origin period . And if there are injuries to our 1 , 6 or 7 Dufty comes straight in .
The kid will play plenty of first grade and have a chance to earn a good long term contract from 2020 on . Or he can spit the dummy ask for a release and more than likely play reserve grade with somebody else . I still think the Dragons are his best chance of playing first grade long term .
This is where man management comes in coupled with the attitude of the young player.

Take Luc as the example. He sat out a full year in order to get himself ready for the rigours of first grade and is now reaping the benefits.

Mary needs to have a chat with Dufty using Luc as the example.

Not saying Dufty needs to sit out a full year but he needs to be prepared to give up his full time fullback role if necessary for the good of the team and use this time to continue to build his physique up and develop his passing game perhaps off the bench or in ISP if that be the case, with a view to reclaiming the permanent fullback role upon Widdop leaving, whenever that may be...

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
i reckon all the CEO's are bracing themselves for more shit to come out, i don't get why people who support the NRL as a game are so hellbent on destroying it and im not just talking about the players, why these Facebook pages, social media and mainstream media just want to hammer the game at every opportunity, kill the game then complain that they have to watch AFL ..

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
i reckon all the CEO's are bracing themselves for more shit to come out, i don't get why people who support the NRL as a game are so hellbent on destroying it and im not just talking about the players, why these Facebook pages, social media and mainstream media just want to hammer the game at every opportunity, kill the game then complain that they have to watch AFL ..
The more traffic his page gets the more money the guy who runs the NRL memes makes. I'll bet traffic has went 15x plus the regular amount after the Napa thing and now this.

giboz71

First Grade

There are threats that there are more videos coming. Someone has got hold of a WhatsApp group chat with about 25 players on there. My guess is Napa isn’t the only one who’s on there.

Hopefully once the dust settles on all this, it’s a massive lesson to all young players not to put themselves in similar situations.

As you say, there are people out there who have no problem with killing the game to make a quick buck like those Facebook fan pages.

Latest posts