What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

BLM01

First Grade
Dragons: Players back Norman in brawl furore
Dragons Den
r0_0_5223_3586_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

SCRUTINY: Corey Norman remains subject to an NRL Integrity Unit investigation. Picture: NRL Imagery
COREY Norman retains the full support of his teammates as an NRL Integrity Unit investigation into his alleged involvement in a Cronulla street brawl last weekend continues.

It comes after video was circulated through various media outlets showing Norman and former NRL player James Segeyaro involved in a physical altercation with a group of men.

Segeyaro and Norman presented their version of events via their clothing and media company YKTR's instagram page in the aftermath, alleging Segeyaro was subjected to racist taunts.

Corey has been dealing with a little bit off the field and there's so much pressure on halves in general but he's a pro. He's definitely got our support.

- Tariq Sims
The Integrity Unit investigation is ongoing, but Norman appears likely to face some form of sanction given that Storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona was stood down over a similar incident in Bali last year.

Norman has not been stood down from training and Dragons back rower Tariq Sims threw his support behind his club teammate and Segeyaro.

"It's not only Corey, but James as well," Sims said.

"Even though he's not part of our club, he's been involved in the NRL for many, many years and he's got the support of the Dragons. I'm sure James knows that.

"There's absolutely no excuse for what's allegedly been said. Obviously I wasn't there, it's before the [ARL] Commission and they're going to look at it, assess the situation and go from there.

"[Norman's] been really focused on training and the way he's training and going about his business has been pretty inspirational to be honest. Corey has been dealing with a little bit off the field and there's so much pressure on halves in general but he's a pro. He has definitely got the support of our coaching staff and our team."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7105369/players-back-norman-amid-brawl-furore/?cs=3713
A reporter down our way with no sports news to report on
might as well bump this along and give it more hang time

Juniors
Surprised that he never asked me the name of the owner . :thinking:
Sorry you thought it was an odd question but I worked closely with the clubs up there for 27 years. There haven’t been that many incidents similar to yours so I was interested in which club it was maybe we know similar people. Just curious :call_me:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Sorry you thought it was an odd question but I worked closely with the clubs up there for 27 years. There haven’t been that many incidents similar to yours so I was interested in which club it was maybe we know similar people. Just curious :call_me:
I’m 60% sure this will be enough to terminate Norman’s contract

Gareth67

First Grade

All good bud , however I prefer to leave all of that in the past .

BLM01

First Grade
Read in the SMH that Norman is likely to face a 1-2 week ban for his involvement in brawling..

FINALLY some great news for our club.
Yeah it is called the new NRL Nelsons law
I think he got 2-3 wks
Wonder what Haas will get?
Re Haas not sure why they dropped the Offensive language charge though.
Anyway

Maddragon99

Juniors
NORMAN FACES HUGE PAY CUT

Corey Norman wants to stay at the Dragons, but will also have to take a massive salary cut to extend at the Red V.

Norman has completed his suspension for that off-field drama in January and he has been named at No.6 after the Dragons’ loss to Cronulla in Round 1.

“It is similar to the Josh Dugan situation,” Dean Ritchie said on The Big Sports Breakfast.

“He is on about $800,000 for this year. He is hoping to stay at the Dragons.

“If you speak to his management they just need Corey Norman on the football field. They can’t be entering into any negotiations if he is not playing.

“Now that he is back there is hopefully some chance of Corey stringing together some decent games, staying on the field and maybe securing a new deal.”

Rugby league legend Laurie Daley believes Norman’s next deal won’t come close to his current contract even if he returns to form in 2021.

“100 per cent,” Daley said when asked if Norman could expect a substantial pay cut.

“There is no way in the world anyone would pay Corey that type of money now. That is more than halved to get what Corey is worth.

“The thing in Corey’s favour is he has 12 months to prove himself to potential buyers.

“If he comes out and brains it then someone might pay him $600,000, but I don’t think he is going to get anywhere near what he signed at the Dragons for.”

Norman has scored 34 tries in 206 games for the Broncos, Eels and Dragons since his debut in 2010.

possm

Coach
Why doesn't Millward try and do a Norman / Molo swap for this season. The Cowboys need a 6 and we don't need Norman. We need Molo adn .....

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Yeah they both like being a idiot at night clubs.... remember Barrett the" White Y front" push up man?

Trent did play some good footy with us but unfortunately, it just wasn't often enough, which brought about his nickname at the time ........... Period. He'd only turn up once a month.

Not very nice but fans wanted him to display his best week in, week out.
I think that is why he never came back to us after his stint in England.
He went to Cronulla knowing the fans wouldn't savage him like us.

I've always thought Trent to be a very good player but lacked the weekly displays that would of made him a 'great'.

Anyway, just my two bobs worth.

Como Connection

First Grade
Trent did play some good footy with us but unfortunately, it just wasn't often enough, which brought about his nickname at the time ........... Period. He'd only turn up once a month.

I've always thought Trent to be a very good player but lacked the weekly displays that would of made him a 'great'.

GS
Cold and wet back home, very different to up there pal.
CC

Maddragon99

Juniors

No one else dropped the ball over the line quite like Trent. C2664CFB-CF9D-48D2-8923-6836EFD190FE.jpeg

Tuddy

Juniors
The measure of a great player is how they play in the years when they aren’t off contract.

I’m expecting Norman to play his heart out this year because he knows he has to. If we re sign him for next year we know what we can expect then as well and it won’t be the level of effort we see this year.

In my view if we give this guy another contract with the talent we have coming through we’re crazy.

possm

Coach
The measure of a great player is how they play in the years when they aren’t off contract.

I’m expecting Norman to play his heart out this year because he knows he has to. If we re sign him for next year we know what we can expect then as well and it won’t be the level of effort we see this year.

In my view if we give this guy another contract with the talent we have coming through we’re crazy.
So the solution is ................ Give him 3 month contracts one at a time.