What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Who?

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Got all the media wraps in Rd 1 for an OK game and has done diddly squat since. Would be in Qld Cup next week if it wasn't for all the injuries. Hoffman will come in I'd say with Folau/Kemp likely to be out.

renouf

Juniors
Is he incapable of picking up a ball at his feet? He did it against the cowboys, they grubber through close to the line and it virtually falls over the ball trying to pick it up.. he did it again today.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Are there any players you actually do rate Seagulls?

In the Broncos? In the backs, well obviously Folau/Hodges/Lockyer but his defence is very suss. The 3/4s are very inconsistent. Ditto Thaiday/Setu/Teo. Parker tries hard but obviously not there today. Never rated Kenny since he has been playing Toowoomba. He used to be a bit soft like Hannant but Hannant has taken the next step. Kenny hasn't. McCullough not proven yet but can be a bit predictable. Dodds is a very old school prop and although he's more a 2nd rower, rate him. Gilett has good footwork as well and was impressive today as well as the first couple of rounds.

Broncos93

Juniors
I admit it's true. I've found him to be pretty ordinary the last two weeks however he has been defending behind a pretty ordinary defensive line and Karmichael wasn't that potent in attack after 3 games either. These coming weeks with all the injuries will tell whether he's the real deal or if Hoffman should get a go at the number 1.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
wtf?

watch what he actually does, he's got a good pass, backs up, positions his supports well knows when to force the pass and when to take the tackle....

he's not going to make 3 try savers every week or throw the final pass to 5 tries a week. sure he cant pick up grubbers (like paul hauff) but behind a piss poor defensive line he isnt going to be a gamebreaker either

Big Pete

Referee
He's no Karmichael Hunt circa 09 yet, but neither was Hunt when he first came onto the scene.

Give him more time.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
If we're blaming Corey Norman for our predicament we truly are sad, sad supporters. The kid is a star in the making playing in a very inexperienced lineup and behind a very sussed pack of forwards not aiming up at all.:(

beads6

First Grade
Corey will be a star IMO. He needs to do things better but he is young he will learn. He reminds me very much of Lockyer TBH.

Big Pete

Referee
Yep, Norman deserves more time.

Besides, I hear Hoffman is still having defensive issues in the QCup.

Big Pete

Referee
Just watched the match again...and y'know he made a few blunders but he also came up with some big plays, made some great runs and is doing more than expected of him. If he could learn how to take a ball on the ground he'd be money.