What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Like many of us, players have taken paycuts, have lived in their ‘bubble’ and missed out on many events and milestones. Their families have been affected, and this looks set to continue.

And we are not just talking about the players. It’s the coaches, referees and team staff as well.

They have partners who are essential workers who need them home while they do the night shift. They have parents who they live with and assist with tasks around the home. They have family members who are sick and they help them get to appointments. They have children who they want to see. Newborns that they want to hold.

Sometimes we forget that those involved with the NRL have worlds going on outside of it.

Am I comparing an NRL player to a nurse? Not at all. Am I saying that playing footy is as important as getting people vaccinated? Once again, no.

What I am saying is that they are human like the rest of us. They have families and loved ones who are being affected by them having to relocate. They themselves, while grateful to still be able to play the game they love and earn a wage, are still making sacrifices to help the NRL to continue.

And by the NRL being able to continue, this is allowing hundreds of people behind the scenes to stay employed as well.

From all the moans and groans I heard during the spilt rounds about the lack of games to watch, I thought everyone would be happy and thankful that the footy will continue. But again, in times like this you see the worst in people, and it is so much easier to complain then it is to compliment.

Apey

Staff member
Why don't you ask generalzod? I was pointing out he thought it was ridiculous, I made no such value judgment myself. Who looks like the fool now?
Haha nice backpedal. Just for you because you've forgotten your own posts:

I thought it was a fair analogy for the point you were trying to make.

It's really quite simple. You stated "Melbourne pulled it off last year playing away nearly all season." as if that was some great adversity like, I don't know, having to survive being in a concentration camp. Zod rightfully pointed out that you were being overly dramatic (which you definitely were) and you spat the dummy.

Well I'll leave you and him to discuss the extreme hardships the Drizzle have to contend with.

It wasn't me that made the initial analogy.I think generalzod chose that example to point out how ridiculous the argument the Drizzle fan was making.

Really, you made no judgement yourself hey? I know, it's tough to admit being wrong.

Jim Rockford

Bench

Really, you made no judgement yourself hey? I know, it's tough to admit being wrong.
I hadn't forgotten anything. Like I said, I was explaining Zods position as he (like you) was having trouble comprehending it. I have no trouble admitting the Drizzle fans argument was ridiculous though.Just like I'll admit your obsession with this is equally ridiculous.

Generalzod

Immortal

What‘s wrong Apey Im amazed you dont get it, i acknowledged a poster that insinuated that the Storm had to go through a lot playing away from home, I said well it wasn’t as if they where in a concentration camp….

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Like many of us, players have taken paycuts, have lived in their ‘bubble’ and missed out on many events and milestones. Their families have been affected, and this looks set to continue.

And we are not just talking about the players. It’s the coaches, referees and team staff as well.

They have partners who are essential workers who need them home while they do the night shift. They have parents who they live with and assist with tasks around the home. They have family members who are sick and they help them get to appointments. They have children who they want to see. Newborns that they want to hold.

Sometimes we forget that those involved with the NRL have worlds going on outside of it.

Am I comparing an NRL player to a nurse? Not at all. Am I saying that playing footy is as important as getting people vaccinated? Once again, no.

What I am saying is that they are human like the rest of us. They have families and loved ones who are being affected by them having to relocate. They themselves, while grateful to still be able to play the game they love and earn a wage, are still making sacrifices to help the NRL to continue.

And by the NRL being able to continue, this is allowing hundreds of people behind the scenes to stay employed as well.

From all the moans and groans I heard during the spilt rounds about the lack of games to watch, I thought everyone would be happy and thankful that the footy will continue. But again, in times like this you see the worst in people, and it is so much easier to complain then it is to compliment.
It's refreshing to see posts from someone who clearly gets it.

skeepe

Immortal
We have to play home games at Campbelltown in 2020 despite the ACT being Covid-free.

We have to play home games at the Gold Coast in 2021 despite the ACT being Covid-free.

It makes absolutely no f**king sense. f**k the NRL, the stupid f**ks.

We have to play home games at Campbelltown in 2020 despite the ACT being Covid-free.

We have to play home games at the Gold Coast in 2021 despite the ACT being Covid-free.

It makes absolutely no f**king sense. f**k the NRL, the stupid f**ks.

Doesn't matter, Ricky's still employed

Latest posts