What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
They’ll dangle a Brisbane GF as a sweetener
Why would QLD government care? They don't care that they got the entire Origin series and are currently getting 8 games a week played in QLD along with all the money the game is pumping into their economy by relocating entire clubs and their families.

They won't care about the grand final. Especially when there's no chance it involves a Queensland team.

I don't think the NRL have any cards to play that Queensland care about. It's worth a try. But i doubt the Queensland government will back down. They're pissed at the NRL for the idiotic players breaking the rules

roofromoz

First Grade
Why would QLD government care? They don't care that they got the entire Origin series and are currently getting 8 games a week played in QLD along with all the money the game is pumping into their economy by relocating entire clubs and their families.

They won't care about the grand final. Especially when there's no chance it involves a Queensland team.

I don't think the NRL have any cards to play that Queensland care about. It's worth a try. But i doubt the Queensland government will back down. They're pissed at the NRL for the idiotic players breaking the rules

Good point, I think if Api kept it in his pants and the Jet stayed inside, it may have given the NRL some leverage in negotiations about the rest of this round.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Pretty sure the Qld government has more to worry about than football.

Munted

Bench
Good point, I think if Api kept it in his pants and the Jet stayed inside, it may have given the NRL some leverage in negotiations about the rest of this round.
At the end of the day, everyone is doing it tough.
Yes it's nice we had NRL all this time, but I've been in my family bubble for 5 weeks now and don't have the freedoms nrl players have to move about.
So yeah, the luck has run out. It's not an essential service and shit happens.
Pick it up next week.

Grapple

Bench
I mean, the whole thing is awful. You have 6 cases of the most deadly disease known to man. People dying in the streets. So many variants. Complete chaos. Good to shut it down and prevent the spread because that's the only way. Right decision.

STORM.99/07

Bench
At the end of the day, everyone is doing it tough.
Yes it's nice we had NRL all this time, but I've been in my family bubble for 5 weeks now and don't have the freedoms nrl players have to move about.
So yeah, the luck has run out. It's not an essential service and shit happens.
Pick it up next week.
Stay safe.

Zadar

Juniors
If that was at all possible what other grounds beside GIO could they play ? Manuka Oval would be the only other one, could they cross the border to Queanbeyan and play at Seiffert ?
Like magic round, schedule them accordingly, and even though seiffert is a dump, you could play them with no crowds, crossing between Queanbeyan and Canberra is not an issue.

why couldn’t the Brisbane games just be played with no crowds?