What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

What benefit would the NSW govt have gotten out of that? Apart from more protests due to all of the people who can't go more than 5kms from their homes.

You also seem to be of the opinion that all they need to hold the game is the players and coaches, but what about all of the security and other staff needed, a large portion of which would live in the 8 LGAs? You think they should be labelled as essential workers?

And you want to call others "fruit loops"?
its all oneupsmanship dummy , get with the program

you seem to forget we had restarted the comp in May last year with pretty strict protocols in place
Itd be no different , Gladys would have come to the party.

QLD , you're on notice
shape up

or we ship out

you seem to forget we had restarted the comp in May last year with pretty strict protocols in place

QLD , you're on notice
shape up

or we ship out

And what a party it would be...

2922a934ba2e6492d1b829a1626db05a38f88d52.jpg

Agree it was a knee jerk reaction .
But that's the way he operates .
Dont do it now .do it yesterday .
Hes not a time waster ..he wants results .
Overall that is what we have lacked for a long time at NRLHQ.
It does have its drawbacks as highlighted by you ..but geez when the shit hits the fan he's the bloke you want sorting it out .

& wheres PR ..
I'm sure the negative PVL/RL spin ..positive gushing AFL spin will surface soon .
we had 2 Qlders running the comp prior to PVL in Grant & Beattie & OMFG .. what an insipid , goose fest .. bland organisation we had.
We need New South Welshmen to run our game if its going to be a dynamic & a can do code.

He's motivated by money.
High tackle crackdown = avoid future litigation
Keep this round alive = obligations fulfilled to broadcasters, no games missed.
He will do everything he can to make money.
I get that but he overstepped the mark with rule changes. He overstated the litigation issue for me. The NFL faced litigation because the game had buried the findings of their own research on concussion and clubs we’re rushing back players before they had time to heal. I also believe massive rule changes should be introduced in the off season after consulting the clubs.

Munted

Bench
I get that but he overstepped the mark with rule changes. He overstated the litigation issue for me. The NFL faced litigation because the game had buried the findings of their own research on concussion and clubs we’re rushing back players before they had time to heal. I also believe massive rule changes should be introduced in the off season after consulting the clubs.
I agree with you, which is why I believe his motivation is for the numbers shown in his excel spreadsheet, not for the greater good of the game.

Maximus

Coach

QLD , you're on notice
shape up

or we ship out
In May last year did we have 8 LGAs with strict 5kms limits on movement? Did we have 200+ cases per day? No, so why the f**k do you think it is the same situation?

At this point Gladys would have no choice but to tell them to f**k off

In May last year did we have 8 LGAs with strict 5kms limits on movement? Did we have 200+ cases per day? No, so why the f**k do you think it is the same situation?

At this point Gladys would have no choice but to tell them to f**k off
nope
she'd play ball

If QLD wants our comp & our GF... they'd better improve their attitude
got it ?

Mr Spock!

Referee
you think we wouldn't have packed the entire comp up & headed back to NSW / ACT & play in front of no fans for a period .
Gladys would have said yes with strict protocols etc .. its only 2 months , it could have been done
a big kick in the teeth to anastasia & her fruit loop govt

QLD would have been left playing with themselves
the only thing they're very good at :)
NRL was told their plan wasn't good enough so had to submit a new plan in line with Qld protocols.

No doubt this is why every game is at suncorp.

I'll take our frootloop government over the NSW Plague Queen any day....

Good luck with Tasmania, WA and SA.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I agree. Hopeless. It took them almost 12 whole hours to re-organise the rest of the games in the face of an evolving health emergency snap govt lockdown, player family complications, teams already on flights to venues to longer deemed playable. And those CLOWNS at the NRL think organising the games for the very next day is acceptable? Bloke couldn't organise a chook raffle.
I reckon the point is that we're so far down the road on the pandemic now that you would think PVL/the NRL in general would already have contigencies in place. Given they cast a line to the ACT Govt who knocked them back because the literally didn't have a plan, I reckon it shows poor leadership.

As others have pointed out, it looks like publicly threatening to hold the GF in Melbourne was a strategy to bully the QLD govt into holding games this weekend against health advice. Which is an indictment on both PVL and the QLD Govt if true.

Mr Spock!

Referee
you think we wouldn't have packed the entire comp up & headed back to NSW / ACT & play in front of no fans for a period .
Gladys would have said yes with strict protocols etc .. its only 2 months , it could have been done
a big kick in the teeth to anastasia & her fruit loop govt

QLD would have been left playing with themselves
the only thing they're very good at :)
Nah, you tried other states and were knocked back.....

No one else wanted you.

Oh and the Qld AFL teams f**ked off pretty quick too.

It's good to have a government which cares about public health.

Nah, you tried other states and were knocked back.....

No one else wanted you.

Oh and the Qld AFL teams f**ked off pretty quick too.

It's good to have a government which cares about public health.
hahaha yea sure dummy
we got what we wanted ... games being played in the state with the strictest lockdown theres been

PVL just said nuh
we're playing :)

Valheru

Coach
Lol where exactly do you think they were going to go?

Ok they could play the GF at the MCG, but what about the rest of the year? Doubtful we'd be able to play finals there with the AFL getting first preference.

All games for the rest of the year at AAMI Park? Yeah that'll go well...

Qld govt would have said good luck with the rest of your comp, don't come back begging when you need somewhere to play again in a few weeks
Err the NRL can play wherever they want, there is just no guarantee of crowds which is no different to QLD this weekend.

Latest posts