What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

johns_reds

First Grade
With Reece Walsh sticking around in QLD I'm guessing with family post NRL season (and doing dumb shit)

What is the deal with the teams that have been knocked out of the comp?
Have they all gone back to their lockdown states or are they sticking around QLD for a holiday ?
Who is picking up the Tab? hopefully NRL has stopped paying for players and WAGS to be up here?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
With Reece Walsh sticking around in QLD I'm guessing with family post NRL season (and doing dumb shit)

What is the deal with the teams that have been knocked out of the comp?
Have they all gone back to their lockdown states or are they sticking around QLD for a holiday ?
Who is picking up the Tab? hopefully NRL has stopped paying for players and WAGS to be up here?
The Warriors can't get back to NZ because they don't have MIQ spots. Our base is now Redcliff, where pre-season starts from November. Walsh would have been sticking around the GC anyway given he lives there. I would imagine the Warriors would be picking up the tab still for families over there? Can't speak for any other club.

Diesel

Referee
I’m pretty sure once the club finished their last game the NRL picked up the tab for the next 3 days, and then if they wanted to stay, the individual picked up the tab

Diesel

Referee
The Warriors can't get back to NZ because they don't have MIQ spots. Our base is now Redcliff, where pre-season starts from November. Walsh would have been sticking around the GC anyway given he lives there. I would imagine the Warriors would be picking up the tab still for families over there? Can't speak for any other club.
I would assume the Warriors would be exempt & the NRL is picking up any costs involved

What happens in the unlikely event the game gets called off for the foreseeable future? Do Penrith/Souths share the title? Or does it go to Melbourne as reigning premiers or current minor premiers? I know it won’t happen, just wondering if there’s a contingency?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What happens in the unlikely event the game gets called off for the foreseeable future? Do Penrith/Souths share the title? Or does it go to Melbourne as reigning premiers or current minor premiers? I know it won’t happen, just wondering if there’s a contingency?
Best guess is if they can't get a GF played with crowds anywhere, they'd play it behind closed doors - somewhere, anywhere. I can't see any way they wouldn't play it somehow.

Diesel

Referee
Worst case it is played at an empty stadium

or a last minute pitch by Gladys who will allow only vaxxed people to attend in NSW

moffla

Bench
Move it to Townsville.
Shame for Brisbane to miss out but delaying is a risky game. It's the world we live in, just get the game done.