What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

lockyno1

Post Whore
Do you think moving it to Townsville will favour Souths? From a Penrith POV I worry about fatigue given they went the long way to get to the final. Moving to a hotter, more humid environment would surely make fatigue a bigger factor now.

It is at night where it’s cool anyway

Canard

Immortal
Wonder what the reduction in a capacity to 75% means in actuality?

Was 25% of tickets not yet sold? Do they cancel some?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Wonder what the reduction in a capacity to 75% means in actuality?

Was 25% of tickets not yet sold? Do they cancel some?
It's sold out. I think the last 25% that sold will be cancelled and there will be a full reallocation of seats to allow social distancing.

yobbo84

First Grade
But the last 25% was the competing clubs. Can’t cancel those!
“We had two allocations of grand final tickets. The first was to the general public and the second was aimed at fans of both grand final teams,’’ he said.

“The fairest way to determine who can attend the game is by prioritising the first 75% to purchase tickets in each allocation. Any fan who no longer wants to attend will also be able to access a refund.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/30...fter-government-caps-grand-final-crowd-at-75/

Of course the corporates are "first in" by default and won't miss out...

Interesting QLD's hubris about "locking down hard and fast" and criticising NSW goes MIA when push comes to shove and big $$$$ are on the line!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Stage 2 in Townsville rules out that option. With (if) double digit cases overnight Anna will freak-TF-out and lockdown. PVL no doubt frantically on the phone to WA.

yobbo84

First Grade
I understand logistically it would be harder, but if you purchased your ticket with a Rabbitohs or Panthers member AAN you shouldn't miss out. Members of both clubs should be prioritised.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I understand logistically it would be harder, but if you purchased your ticket with a Rabbitohs or Panthers member AAN you shouldn't miss out. Members of both clubs should be prioritised.
I agree. AANs for all teams were valid during the first presale. I think that SEQ based Melbourne fans would have dominated the presale so it would make sense asking the fans to opt out if they don't really want to go. Logistic nightmare though.

Diesel

Coach
100%. Because we got in on Monday after not being able to purchase earlier, my mate who is a Souths fan misses out

Spanner in the works

First Grade

Scotty's just happy he still gets to go.
images

BunniesMan

Immortal
Victoria was supposed to go into a short sharp lock down, countless weeks have come and gone, they are still in lock down, while cases have climbed to record levels. Who is to say Queensland won't go the same way? It is absurd to postpone for a week because there is no guarantee it will be right in a week.

No other first world country on earth panicked this much once vaccination rates were at the level we are at now. This is insanity.

Latest posts