What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costigan to meet with management

cgm_mitch

Just heard on the radio that Costigan will meet with the raiders mangement next week.What do you guys think of him joining us for next year?

Lime_Green

Juniors
Apparently the Raiders aren't the only club interested - the Cowboys and the Tigers are also keen to talk to him.

I'm not sure if this is a good move. I don't like the way we keep taking the dregs of society.

aussies1st

Staff member
Dregs but a dam good player. We've got more than enough money to match what the Cowboys and Tigers can offer unless of course we paid over the market price for Turner, Andrew D and Logan

woodgers

Bench
Go for it I say. Better to offer him what you can than not even put your hat in the ring. I am warming to this and would be very happy if he was in Green in 2007. Another younger type player that you can get with other youthful players building towards a bigger things.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Yep, he'd be a good pick up for us. Not great from a team balance point of view (Canberra: Home of the 2nd Rower), but I think if this kind of player is on the market you have to make a play.

Don't suppose TLL wants to move back to the centres, does he?

dubby

Bench
I like our chances actually. We have a good record of signing young QLDers and watching them develop. THen again, we do have Kahler.....

I think Neville would be a very good buy.

Chachi

Bench
I thought people were complaining about us having too many Neville's in the team already.

With Croker now gone and with Lomu and maybe TLL out for an extended period, it seems a good fit. You hear mixed things about his reputation, but his issues don't seem to be the sort of thing that can't be fixed with the right environment. It wouldn't bother me either way at this stage, but it's certainly worth a shot. Even with the long term player concession, we must have a couple hundred $K spare with Croker leaving.

Despite what people may think, we don't have a great deal of depth in the second row IMO. Other than TLL and Lomu, we have: Kahler, Jones, Turner, Miller, Thurling, Rothery(?), Chalk (maybe), Frawley (maybe) and Campese (maybe). That's a lot of prop/backrowers, a few converted backs and a big history of injuries.

thickos

First Grade
From a squad perspective he's not ideal as we have a billion forwards... but he's an above average player IMO and I'm sure dead wood that we have can be cut to make way for him eventually.

Having TLL and Frawley down here should be a help in getting him make the move.

I'm not sure where he'd fit into the 17 if we did sign him.

SOULS 04

Juniors
would be a very good signing imo

get him here now... our recruitment so far has been pretty ordinary

Paullyboy

Coach
I rate him as having brilliant potential and he could become something good if given a regular opportunity ala TLL.

Edwahu

Bench
I would be pretty happy if we got him. Not sure how we would use him though.
If TLL is out for a while next year it makes him a must get.

dolphinboy

Juniors
I would have a dip at both he and Seymour.

Their price tag will have eroded due to them both being damaged goods of sorts.

Injuries to key players will happen, so quality backup is essential, as well as the added pressure for spots in the side can only be healthy.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Seymour? Why? We signed Dunemann and have Zillman, Campese, Carney, Herbert and Dobson that can all play in the halves..

legend

Coach
Chalk
Frawley
Graham
Howell
Best
Carney
Dunemman
Tongue
Costigan
Tom LL