What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covell a myth

fulltime

Juniors
The Mighty Panther said:
This thread definitely proves that covell is indeed a myth!!

not only this thread but the kicking performance display under pressure. covell found it hard to swallow late in the match.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
The ref didnt help the Sharks. All the penalties against Cantebury were warranted.

Covell played really well. Kimmorley did too.
The Sharks can blame there ruck defence for all the soft tries which were at fault cause of it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
The ref didnt help the Sharks. All the penalties against Cantebury were warranted.

Covell played really well. Kimmorley did too.
The Sharks can blame there ruck defence for all the soft tries which were at fault cause of it.

The ref didnt help the sharks????????? It was 26-6 or something when he went happy with the whistle

wittyfan

Referee
He wasn't responsible for the defeat, but 2/5 in what turned out to be a tight game was ordinary from someone who is supposed to be among the top echelon of goalkickers.

aussies1st

Staff member
Given the scores was 26-24 had Covell kicked 2 of those 3 misses they would have been in front.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well Dogs may have paniced being behind instead of infront so they may not have scored that last try. Anyway too many ifs. Only certain thing is Superboot is a myth!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
The Sharks lost today for many reasons, Covells kicking was definetly one of them. Ive defended Luke Covell time after time over my career, but today I won't, his kicking was not up to standard. He had 3 very tough kicks from the sideline, which he suceeded in kicking one of them.

He had one easy kick and he missed it, that kick consequently was a crucial play. I am not sure what it is. Covell , I still believe is one of the best goalkickers in the world, but whats happened the last two weeks doesnt support that, or his kicking ability. I am not sure what it is, but he definetly needs to fix it up, its inexcusable for any player at that level, and especially one of his level. If its any consolation, he had a great game in general play and outplayed El Masri in the respect, but definetly not with the boot.

But to be fair that wasnt all that cost us the game. The ruck defence which lead to every try they scored was hideous. Congratulations Bulldogs, we will see you in september.

wittyfan

Referee
Isn't Cancun (smack dab in the middle of the North Atlantic Hurricane season) the place to go for footballers at the end of the season?