What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Much better than last week. We started poorly but after being down 12-0 we mostly dominated from there.

A few soft efforts in defence which we really need to tighten up to have a chance in the finals.

All in all though we just keep finding a way to be competitive despite 6 season ending injuries plus teddy and SST missing this game.

I know we have said it week after week but I think our ceiling in 2021 is a prelim final however I believe the only way we get there is manu at 6 and hutch at 14. Billy Smith is coming along nicely and can cover the centres with J-Moz.

Young Walker continues to look the goods with the ball. He has his issues in defence but I can forgive for this year and trust that will improve in the coming years.

Oh and Radley is a gun, what a weapon in the middle of the field.

3 rads
2 JWH
1 Manu

Zadar

Juniors
I think Angus was huge last night, Manu can do whatever he likes when he puts his mind to it, and walker just keeps impressing. Hutch deserves a big mention, set up that victory in the first half with his passing and kicking, Radley is crucial.

I think jmoz is struggling, he popped a nice pass for iki, but I think he got ran around a few times, seems to have aged a bit all of a sudden, verrills also seems to be battling his way back, and goal kicking is a major concern.

should of cemented a top six spot with that victory, so you never know what the rest of the season will deliver.

Angus 3
Hutch 2
Manu 1

H.H

Juniors
Yeah really good performance after that shaky start...the heat definitely played a part. Rads was deadset gassed in that first 10 minutes but he came good and was enormous in the end. Tough to give points but I'll go with:

3 - Rads
2 - Manu
1 - Smith

Valheru

Coach
I will also add that some of the younger players are really starting to come through.

Smith looks a presence at centre and I like what I am seeing from E Butcher and Baker.

A fully fit forwards/bench of the below in 2022/23 looks top shelf

8 Collins
9 Verills
10 JWH/SST
11 Angus
12 Sitilli
13 Rads
14 Hutch
15 JWH/SST
16 E Butcher
17 Baker

That leaves out N Butcher and I expect an astute purchase or 2 to be added in the coming years as well.

Agree with all the above but would like to add some praise for Iku. I know he dropped a couple but they targeted his bomb defusals with perfectly timed runs but didn’t seem to faze him. Decent runs from our end zone and is establishing himself as a quality finisher. Very pleased with Smith’s progression and hope he stays fit. Rads is very close to his damaging best but his run up the middle on tired legs was a match-turner. Great effort from all our forwards and a shout out to Angus for backing up after Origin. Our hands still let us down, too often inviting opposition back into the game and goal kicking seems to be getting worse.

I feel a little better about last week’s performance after watching dogs last night. They’ve found some spirit and will trouble a few for the rest of the year.

3 - Rads
2 - Manu
1 - Smith

Zadar

Juniors
Agree with all the above but would like to add some praise for Iku. I know he dropped a couple but they targeted his bomb defusals with perfectly timed runs but didn’t seem to faze him. Decent runs from our end zone and is establishing himself as a quality finisher. Very pleased with Smith’s progression and hope he stays fit. Rads is very close to his damaging best but his run up the middle on tired legs was a match-turner. Great effort from all our forwards and a shout out to Angus for backing up after Origin. Our hands still let us down, too often inviting opposition back into the game and goal kicking seems to be getting worse.

I feel a little better about last week’s performance after watching dogs last night. They’ve found some spirit and will trouble a few for the rest of the year.

3 - Rads
2 - Manu
1 - Smith

iku has had a few shockers in different games, but seems to always make up for them with some outstanding try finishes, the one against the titans incredible.

for a fill in winger(and for BMoz of all people) he is doing as well as can be expected.

3. JWH
2. Rads
1. Manu

Coming in late to this, but I agree with the above, and thought we played pretty well in the end, we were patient and stuck to our guns. We are hanging in there, and I am most pleased.

Latest posts