What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys game.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Sullivan is a half and a very talented one, a real gun in fact, I'd hate to see him wasted at hooker. I'm sure he'd be happy to play wherever we needed him but he must be given time alongside Amone in the halves. Hunt is a great Hooker and a better option there than McCullough.
Yep I agree 100%......unfortunately doubt it will happen in the immediate future

RedVDave

First Grade
Nah I agree this is the worst bunch of soft c$cks allegedly described as forwards I’ve seen in a Red V
Yeah Frizzell was a big loss as to was Vaughan.

It's no wonder all our signings for next season are forwards.

Sims really seems to be past his best, was great In SOO but can't seem to do it weekly at club level.

Kerr is error prone and has been really lackluster this year, he showed glimpses last season but that's not enough.

Ellis: simply not first grade quality, had shown nothing.

Alvaro: as above

Poasa: roosters wouldn't of let him go if he had something to offer opportunities have been limited but hasn't really done much.

Ford: was touted by many on here as the next JDB last year but seems to be more like Aaron Wheatley.

I have mentioned this many times previously but our forwards have been dominated this season with only 1 forward on so many occasions gaining 100+ metres. This is a sure fire way to not win football games, I really believe we will have much more success next year if this problem is fixed and I am sure it will be.

GO THE DRAGONS 2022!!!!

blacksafake

First Grade
Yeah Frizzell was a big loss as to was Vaughan.

It's no wonder all our signings for next season are forwards.

Sims really seems to be past his best, was great In SOO but can't seem to do it weekly at club level.

Kerr is error prone and has been really lackluster this year, he showed glimpses last season but that's not enough.

Ellis: simply not first grade quality, had shown nothing.

Alvaro: as above

Poasa: roosters wouldn't of let him go if he had something to offer opportunities have been limited but hasn't really done much.

Ford: was touted by many on here as the next JDB last year but seems to be more like Aaron Wheatley.

I have mentioned this many times previously but our forwards have been dominated this season with only 1 forward on so many occasions gaining 100+ metres. This is a sure fire way to not win football games, I really believe we will have much more success next year if this problem is fixed and I am sure it will be.

GO THE DRAGONS 2022!!!!
Agree
The forwards have been way off the pace & the side is constantly playing on the back foot.
There’s no doubt that Hook is aware of this hence his recruitments of Su’a, Molo & Burgess & maybe a big body outside back In Suli?
Sims to me is the one under pressure with the Su’a signing.
Burns has his detractors but I can see a footballer there who’s capable of getting better.

Take my hat off to Sullivan.

Thought he did a very good job as a makeshift hooker.

Next season I would like to see Hunt and Macca share the 9 jersey with Sullivan at 7.

The combination of Sullivan/Amone/Sloan is deadly. Along with Rava and Matt Fegai we have plenty of points in use in 2022.

Illusion

Bench
Yes Hook offered him a huge honor when he handed him the Red V. But I must agree .. he looks to be past his best in the week in week out stakes.
He should have been given the role when Ben got injured , the first time .... Not give it to McCullough who has been a Bronco for years then comes to us first year and you hand him the Captaincy ...... That alone doesn't sit well with me , never mind the rest of the team ...... Its a kick in the guts ..... to the players that are Red and White through .....

Como Connection

First Grade
I think everyone who's bagging hook needs to get a grip. you bagged McGregor for not changing things and when griffin changed a few things you hook baggers had a sook... as much as I would love to see it too you can't put sulli Amone and Sloane in the spine for a whole game you need some experience there even if its a f**kwit... realistically we knew we wouldn't make the top 8 and as this is a rebuilding year I'm happy with where the club is heading. Next year bring the pitchforks out if we don't at least finish in the 8.

Agree
The forwards have been way off the pace & the side is constantly playing on the back foot.
There’s no doubt that Hook is aware of this hence his recruitments of Su’a, Molo & Burgess & maybe a big body outside back In Suli?
Sims to me is the one under pressure with the Su’a signing.
Burns has his detractors but I can see a footballer there who’s capable of getting better.
Finally a sensible post.
Well put, I'm sick of reading all the negative input from most members here.
CC

Dragons4me

Juniors
I agree it’s great he’s found a role. I just don’t see him as a long term hooker. Mainly because I feel he’s a better halfback and that’s the position I hope he fills for a decade for us. I can definitely see him adding some value there at times next season. I also hope he gets some extended time in reserves to keep working on his halfback play.

Agree. I can only assume Bud was replaced because he was gassed particularly from all the tackling he was making. I'd love to know his 1st half stats which is why I would have played Norman at 9 and Sullivan his true position of 7. We saw Sullivan's combination with Amone and Sloan can bring. Sullivan is not a 9.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Disagree about Lawrie but agree with most of the other points. Lomax is a great player but today he was terrible in defence. Possibly his worst game there. He was really good early in the year but needs to keep working on it. Plus I agree with Flanno in that he needs something in attack on his left side as the flick pass will become predictable over time. Maybe a dummy and go or some other bluff to keep them guessing.

Decent ball with a bit of space from decent halves would be nice. Hopefully that happens in 2022 with the young kids who we saw yesterday though that will take time.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Sullivan is a half and a very talented one, a real gun in fact, I'd hate to see him wasted at hooker. I'm sure he'd be happy to play wherever we needed him but he must be given time alongside Amone in the halves. Hunt is a great Hooker and a better option there than McCullough.

100% agree. Good post.

Walpole

Juniors
McCullough's the one we don't need next season, other than as a backup. Play the young guns at 1, 6 and 7, Hunt at 9 and Mbye as a jack of all trades 14. Bird and Su'A as the edge forwards, Sims up front or off the bench. Hopefully we get Suli in the centres, limited injuries and things don't look so bad.

Like the look of Lussick too. Also impressed with second outing as our rake.. (oops they dont rake anymore do they. just stand there) by Sullivan. He doesn't play the traditional hooker role but adds some dash and creativity such as his deft chip for Lomax to dive on to score THAT try. His defense also went up a notch. Like most here I too see Sullivan's future at the scrum base.. giving slow defenders nitemares.

st.phil

Bench
our 2 most experienced players (sims n norman) cost us the game… Norman was diabolically bad again and should have been hooked instead of Bud. Griffin failed.
Sims throws a flick on intercept then goes missing for 10 minutes.

the biggest problem as per previous years, blind loyalty to players trading on the past, hampering younger players or losing them altogether.

can see Macca loyalty being next years firestorm

McCullough's the one we don't need next season, other than as a backup. Play the young guns at 1, 6 and 7, Hunt at 9 and Mbye as a jack of all trades 14. Bird and Su'A as the edge forwards, Sims up front or off the bench. Hopefully we get Suli in the centres, limited injuries and things don't look so bad.
Sims over Bird for mine. Up front, you saying play Sims at prop? I think both Bird and McCulloch are expendable. Sooner Griffin realises that the better for team cohesion.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
After today we know Bird is definitely not a centre. To slow.....
It's becoming problematic for Bird isn't it BBTB? I agree he is too slow for center or fullback. Not big enough for the back row, does not have a passing or kicking game so cannot play at #6. Does he get turned into a #9 during the offseason then? Probably not and I am just trying to think outside the square. Can we afford to carry both Bird and Mybe in the same team?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
MBye and Bird on the same team, that’s the $1,000 question and I don’t think so.
Imo if Bird is to be successful for us it is as a roving lock off the bench. JDB will also be far more effective if he doesn’t play 80 freeing up in attack a bit more. My bench would be 2 props, a backrow replacement (Bird) and either Mbye or possibly Fui who can probably play backrow or in the middle if need be. There are a lot of pieces of the puzzle to solve. Hook being Hook though I can honestly see Mbye ending up in the starting side round 1 either at 5/8 or 1.

Walpole

Juniors
Sims over Bird for mine. Up front, you saying play Sims at prop? I think both Bird and McCulloch are expendable. Sooner Griffin realises that the better for team cohesion.
It's all about middles and edges these days and the games getting quicker. Personally I think Sims might find the going in the middle easier as he gets older. I also think Bird on an edge inside Lomax and Ravalawa has something to offer.