What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys: real deal in 22?

blaza88z

Coach
How bad to the Titans look? they were tipped to kick on this season and be the premier QLD club.

Cowboys aren't just winning they are towelling up teams. Broncos doing very well also.

For some reason Gold Coast based sporting teams just never really get their feet off the ground

The_Frog

First Grade
For some reason Gold Coast based sporting teams just never really get their feet off the ground
Very few of their players would have grown up wanting to play for the Titans. Jayden Campbell would be one but there are few others. Most find themselves there due to circumstances, often money. You can't play only for money, it just doesn't work. This club needs to establish junior pathways in its area, including northern NSW. Meninga should have been working on this from the day he joined the club but alas I feel he suffers the same affliction as the players.

mongoose

Coach
Very few of their players would have grown up wanting to play for the Titans. Jayden Campbell would be one but there are few others. Most find themselves there due to circumstances, often money. You can't play only for money, it just doesn't work. This club needs to establish junior pathways in its area, including northern NSW. Meninga should have been working on this from the day he joined the club but alas I feel he suffers the same affliction as the players.
Fafita and Brimson went to keebra park and I think a number of other players as well, so they are trying to get locals.

Vee

First Grade
I think we’ll finish 3-6 and a good chance of a prelim and from there who knows, unlikely but strangler things have happened.

But I thought we’d be fighting it out for the spoon again so what do I know?
Agree, I had us bottom 4.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
losing JT against the best team at suffocating sides out of territory isnt ideal this week but wont be embarassed by PENRITH!!!! this week.

The first game against the dogs was one of the most horrendous attacking games ive seen a team in any sport dish up and was ready to give up already. Just needed a few rounds to click and rookies have basically been given free reign to do their things and look like they are enjoying themselves. reuben cotter can also have my babies

Desert Qlder

First Grade
We are better than Parra, Cronulla, Brisbane, maybe Roosters but not yet better than Penrith. Melbourne were at far less than full strength when we flogged them.

So our position on the ladder accurately reflects our position and chances.

The_Frog

First Grade
We are better than Parra, Cronulla, Brisbane, maybe Roosters but not yet better than Penrith. Melbourne were at far less than full strength when we flogged them.

So our position on the ladder accurately reflects our position and chances.
I'm not convinced you are better than Parra at their very best despite the recent result. Their game is largely built on late offloads and second phase, if it comes off this is a highly dangerous side, but if it doesn't they turn over lots of ball and suck badly. Roosters are in this category as well but not the side they were in their back to back years.

age.s

First Grade
They were absolutely my spoon pick, not afraid to admit it. They're looking great though, very fun to watch with some seriously promising young talent. Lots of people were saying we'd come back down to earth at this point in 2020. No reason to think they have to implode at some point either.

I think we'll get them on Friday, particularly with their outs, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ended up being a Grand Final preview. Should be a cracker.

soc123_au

Staff member
They were absolutely my spoon pick, not afraid to admit it. They're looking great though, very fun to watch with some seriously promising young talent. Lots of people were saying we'd come back down to earth at this point in 2020. No reason to think they have to implode at some point either.

I think we'll get them on Friday, particularly with their outs, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ended up being a Grand Final preview. Should be a cracker.
I've been thinking the same thing. Their young blokes just seem to be getting better, not looking like shitting the bed at all.
I think we will roll them on Friday, but with JT and Feldt in the side and the likely improvement in the rest of the team there is no reason they wont feature deep into September.

nick87

Coach
Next question, would your response be different if it was a thread named "Are the Raiders the real deal for 22"

not even a little bit.
Neither the raiders nor cowboys will be troubling the top 3-4 sides come the finals

it’s a nice little in season story and I quite like the cowboys and enjoy their style of play. But there is about 4 teams who can legitimately win a premiership this year and are the real deal

the cowboys are not one of them I’m afraid

not even a little bit.
Neither the raiders nor cowboys will be troubling the top 3-4 sides come the finals

it’s a nice little in season story and I quite like the cowboys and enjoy their style of play. But there is about 4 teams who can legitimately win a premiership this year and are the real deal

the cowboys are not one of them I’m afraid
images.jpeg-5.jpg

Canard

Immortal
If it is a disadvantage for teams like the Cowboys to travel to away games, it surely follows that it is equally a disadvantage for their opponents to have to travel to Townsville.

It'll probably take almost as long to bus it from KSA to Penrith in Friday afternoon traffic as the flight from Townsville to Sydney takes. They'll have a lot going against them in this game. I hope our boys aren't complacent.
The adversity of Sydney teams

1653383532010.png

Reactions: Vee

The_Frog

First Grade
The adversity of Sydney teams

View attachment 62049
You definitely would not have made it from the airport to Penrith in under 2 hours this afternoon with a major accident on the M4. 90 minutes would be very good going, make that 2 hours plus from landing time. Maybe they'll fly down on Thursday because such a trip on game day would be draining.

He should use his affiliation with Souths Logan Magpies to make them a feeder club.

Latest posts