What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys: real deal in 22?

yakstorm

First Grade
There's still a lot of the season to go, including the Origin period which can derail even the best performing teams, however based upon their form so far and who they've got coming up, I reckon they'll squeeze into the top four.

From there, who knows. Lack of recent Finals experience works against them, same there will be questions over if they have another gear, however if they keep playing with the confidence they have been showing, they're not going to die wondering.

Canard

Immortal
You definitely would not have made it from the airport to Penrith in under 2 hours this afternoon with a major accident on the M4. 90 minutes would be very good going, make that 2 hours plus from landing time. Maybe they'll fly down on Thursday because such a trip on game day would be draining.

I agree that its nothing like the grueling travel schedule that Penrith and other Sydney teams have had this season so far.

blaza88z

Coach
not even a little bit.
Neither the raiders nor cowboys will be troubling the top 3-4 sides come the finals

it’s a nice little in season story and I quite like the cowboys and enjoy their style of play. But there is about 4 teams who can legitimately win a premiership this year and are the real deal

the cowboys are not one of them I’m afraid

I agree with this

Roosters aren't where they want to be but you'd think all they have to is string a few together and get a bit of a run and with the quality in their team, all they'd have to do is scrape into the top 4

It's Penrith, Parra, Roosters and Melbourne, there's a couple of teams who are big improvers but I think at the pointy end, the teams just mentioned will have too much class in their spine in a big game, the only way that changes in my view is if one of those teams cops some significant injuries in their spine

forby

Juniors
Peyton said they came away knowing that they can beat Penrith with an even share of possession. Trouble is Penrith don't let you have an even share. And even if they did they don't let you score!
Not a chance of beating Penrith at full strength this year!

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Peyton said they came away knowing that they can beat Penrith with an even share of possession. Trouble is Penrith don't let you have an even share. And even if they did they don't let you score!
I think the Penrith game only enhanced my opinion of the Cowboys, despite the 22-0 scoreboard. They had minimal luck in that first half, yet still absorbed something like six or seven consecutive sets of six against the best attacking team in the comp. It was incredible stuff. And then in the second half, despite having a massive possession disadvantage and the obvious fatigue that comes with that, they still only conceded 6 points. I reckon later in the year with Taumalolo back, and with the burden of Origin on the Panthers halves & Yeo, the Cowboys are a real chance

blaza88z

Coach

A few teams will fancy their chances of getting the ball back off short dropouts, I reckon

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
The short dropout was a smart play for the Cows because their goal line defence is so good. They figure they can hold a team out (even Penrith) from that distance so it's well worth the gamble to go for it. Other teams might not be as successful

Iamback

Coach
I thought the young guys would see them not get the spoon

I did think they were a middle 8 side.

Their poor record in Sydney will hurt them

They will make the 8. Whether they are still playing well come finals time is the question

Didnt the Cowboys go on a similar run last year?

No doubt they are a much better team in 2022 but its tough to say they arent overachieving quite a bit right now

Think they will make the 8, which given their last 5 years is a good achievement but they wont press the top 4 teams imo

Latest posts