What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys Team v Raiders

Tigertread

Juniors
NQ Toyota Cowboys
cowboys_l.gif

1- Matt Bowen
2- Ty Williams
3- Josh Hannay
4- Paul Bowman [c]
5- Brenton Bowen
6- David Myles
7- Chris Sheppard
8- Paul Rauhihi
9- Paul Dezolt
10-Daniel Strickland
11-Kevin Campion
12-Micheal Luck
13-Glenn Morrison
Interchange
14-Shane Muspratt
15-Jacob Lillyman
16-Chris Muckert
17-Jaiman Lowe

Tigertread

Juniors
Chris Muckert is in doubt for the match with Canberra on Saturday night.
Muckert is due to see a neurologist today after suffering concussion during the second half against the Knights.
Young Guns halfback Aaron Payne has been placed on standby for Muckert.
Prop Dean Limpus had been named 18th man for the Cowboys.

Tigertread

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
No Reibel? :shock:
He has been playing in the local Townsville comp this year, but he is in the Young Guns squad this week to play Central Comets.

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Looking at this years pack, he's got a job cracking into the side. has he even played for the first team this year? We haven't had many Cowboys games over here this year. :cry:

Tigertread

Juniors
No he hasn't had a run in the top side, been lucky to get a couple of runs with the Young Guns. I don't like his chances of being with the club next season.

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
He can't even claim to have the coolest facial hair anymore, Reynoldson and Walker have put him to shame. :lol:
BTW Tigertread, what the heck happened against the Knights? :oops:

Tigertread

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
BTW Tigertread, what the heck happened against the Knights? :oops:
It was just one of those nights. I stayed to watch the match till the end, couldn't leave a sinken ship. :)
I'm glad I was getting free drinks and food all night. :D

Tigertread

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
Good on ya. The free food and drink didn't have anything to do with you staying till the end did it? ;-)
No mate, had ten tickets to the players Lounge, Great spot to watch the footy.

Tigertread

Juniors
I'm sure they will bounce back. We can win this game, if not we will go close. The players are hurting after last weeks effort and are ready to show what they really can do.

Kasper

Bench
Raiders Team.

Clinton SCHIFCOFSKE
Joel MONAGHAN
Adam MOGG
Jason BULGARELLI
Jamaal LOLESI
Jason CROKER
Mark McLINDEN
Ryan O'HARA
Brad DREW
Luke DAVICO
Ruben WIKI
Michael HODGSON
Ian HINDMARSH

INTERCHANGE
Sean RUTGERSON
Alan TONGUE
Troy THOMPSON
Phil GRAHAM

I reckon we can do it this week. If schifoske don't play it wil be a bonus.

Tigertread

Juniors
Prop out of clash
A BOUT of chickenpox has forced Cowboys prop Daniel Strickland out of a North Queensland team battling to regain dented pride against the Canberra Raiders tonight.
The 23-year-old, who avoided the highly contagious illness throughout his childhood, was yesterday ruled out and ordered to rest in Townsville over the weekend with prop Dean Limpus and halfback Aaron Payne completing the 18-man squad which arrived in Canberra yesterday afternoon.
A disappointed Strickland said he had wanted to play to make amends with his teammates following a poor performance against Newcastle last weekend.
"I never got a full dose of it (chickenpox) as a child," Strickland said.
"I had been feeling a bit fluey over a couple of days and I didn't get much sleep on Thursday night."
The loss of Strickland comes as another blow for an injury-plagued side after the loss of Matt Sing (dislocated finger) and Leigh McWilliams (broken arm) for the season during last weekend's 60-24 loss to Newcastle.
Captain Paul Bowman (groin) and Glenn Morrison (foot) only took part in light training during the week while Ty Williams (knee), Chris Sheppard (ankle), Paul Rauhihi (knee) and Chris Muckert (blurred vision) were all passed fit to play.
Without Strickland, a window of opportunity has opened for Limpus and Payne, who are both yet to make an appearance in first grade this season.
Cowboys coach Graham Murray said he was still tossing up whether to use Limpus or Jacob Lillyman off the bench with Payne a certainty to enter the game at some stage, either at halfback or hooker.
"I'm still toying with who comes in, either Limpus or Lillyman, but I'm probably leaning towards Lillyman because he played last week and he knows what's required at the moment," Murray said.
"I want to see Payney play (and) without Leigh McWilliams there (at hooker) we need a bit of spark out of dummy half.
"Paul Dezolt is a great defender and he'll hold it all together well and if he's still doing the job by halftime then I won't make any changes, but Aaron might come on at halfback and maybe move Sheppard to five-eighth."
Shane Muspratt, one of the Cowboys' best in a disappointing display last weekend, will play his 50th first grade game against the Raiders.

The Cowboys are not on their own in the injury department though, with the Raiders also fielding an understrength team for tonight's clash.
Raiders' fullback Clinton Shifcofske was yesterday ruled out with an ankle injury, adding to the loss of captain Simon Woolford (suspension) and Brad Drew (hamstring).
Halfback Mark McLinden is also unlikely to play with Michael Monaghan expected to play at first receiver. Centre Adam Mogg will switch to fullback with Alan Tongue promoted from the bench to hooker.
townsville bulletin

Kasper

Bench
Tigertread said:
Prop out of clash
A BOUT of chickenpox has forced Cowboys prop Daniel Strickland out of a North Queensland team battling to regain dented pride against the Canberra Raiders tonight.
The 23-year-old, who avoided the highly contagious illness throughout his childhood, was yesterday ruled out and ordered to rest in Townsville over the weekend with prop Dean Limpus and halfback Aaron Payne completing the 18-man squad which arrived in Canberra yesterday afternoon.
A disappointed Strickland said he had wanted to play to make amends with his teammates following a poor performance against Newcastle last weekend.
"I never got a full dose of it (chickenpox) as a child," Strickland said.
"I had been feeling a bit fluey over a couple of days and I didn't get much sleep on Thursday night."
The loss of Strickland comes as another blow for an injury-plagued side after the loss of Matt Sing (dislocated finger) and Leigh McWilliams (broken arm) for the season during last weekend's 60-24 loss to Newcastle.
Captain Paul Bowman (groin) and Glenn Morrison (foot) only took part in light training during the week while Ty Williams (knee), Chris Sheppard (ankle), Paul Rauhihi (knee) and Chris Muckert (blurred vision) were all passed fit to play.
Without Strickland, a window of opportunity has opened for Limpus and Payne, who are both yet to make an appearance in first grade this season.
Cowboys coach Graham Murray said he was still tossing up whether to use Limpus or Jacob Lillyman off the bench with Payne a certainty to enter the game at some stage, either at halfback or hooker.
"I'm still toying with who comes in, either Limpus or Lillyman, but I'm probably leaning towards Lillyman because he played last week and he knows what's required at the moment," Murray said.
"I want to see Payney play (and) without Leigh McWilliams there (at hooker) we need a bit of spark out of dummy half.
"Paul Dezolt is a great defender and he'll hold it all together well and if he's still doing the job by halftime then I won't make any changes, but Aaron might come on at halfback and maybe move Sheppard to five-eighth."
Shane Muspratt, one of the Cowboys' best in a disappointing display last weekend, will play his 50th first grade game against the Raiders.

The Cowboys are not on their own in the injury department though, with the Raiders also fielding an understrength team for tonight's clash.
Raiders' fullback Clinton Shifcofske was yesterday ruled out with an ankle injury, adding to the loss of captain Simon Woolford (suspension) and Brad Drew (hamstring).
Halfback Mark McLinden is also unlikely to play with Michael Monaghan expected to play at first receiver. Centre Adam Mogg will switch to fullback with Alan Tongue promoted from the bench to hooker.
townsville bulletin

Unlucky for Strickers though it'll be good to see Payne have another go in first grade. I thought he showed a bit of promise when he played last year and they were talking about him taking over the main halfback position never really managed to make the most of it though so i hope he go's well tonight.

Latest posts