What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cox Plate

Sphagnum

Coach
Fiorente. Only danger IADD. 3yos, happy trails + maybe the international 2 for 3rd. If the 3yos get an easy time in front (which they probably will) they should both be very competitive. Still,a good race.

El Diablo

Post Whore
This will kill off racing :(

it's dead. where is the champ?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/superr...th-tendon-injury/story-fndpqu3p-1226744274017

$3M GROUP 1 COX PLATE (2040m), MOONEE VALLEY, SATURDAY, 5.40PM

1 Green Moon (12) Robert Hickmott Brett Prebble 59 $15

2 Happy Trails (2) Byron Cozamanis Dwayne Dunn 59 $13

3 Fiorente Gai (15) Waterhouse Blake Shinn 59 $4.60

4 Forteller Chris (9)Waller Undecided 59 $26

5 Side Glance (1) Andrew Balding Craig Williams 59 $51

6 Seville (10) Robert Hickmott Hugh Bowman 59 $41

7 Rekindled Interest (6) Jim Conlan Mark Zahra 59 $31

8 Puissance De Lune (8) Darren Weir Glen Boss* 59 $4.40

9 Masked Marvel (5) Robert Hickmott Nick Hall* 59 $31

10 Mull Of Killough (4) Jane Chapple-Hyam Steve Arnold 59 $51

11 It's A Dundeel (13) Murray Baker James McDonald 57.5 $4fav

12 Super Cool (14) Mark Kavanagh Corey Brown 57.5 $21

13 Atlantic Jewel (7) SCRATCHED

14 Long John (11) Peter Snowden Kerrin McEvoy 49.5 $8.50

15 Shamus Award (3) Danny O'Brien Undecided 49.5 $26

farcical

Horrie Is God

First Grade
IADD for me..

It beat AJ on it's merits last start..

I liked it even when AJ was still in the field..

I'm hearing AJ bowed her tendon, if so that'll be the end of her racing career..

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wouldn't have tipped AJ anyway, I never back $2 favourites in these races. If Boss was on board, would back Puissance..why on earth did Rawllier not get the horse! I'll stick with Dundeel, glad I got him last week before AJ was scratched.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Worst Cox Plate field for ages. AJ is a fake, same as Long John, It's A Dundeel and Pussy de Lunatic.

If Fiorente is fair dinkum, it will blow these pretenders away.

If given a soft run, Fiorente will eat the Melbourne Cup.

Seen the Geelong Cup field for tommorrow? What a joke!

Used to be a great pointer for the Cup but with Tanby and Forgotten Voice both topweight....hahahahaaha.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
This is a f**ked up race now,Fiorente's form is around Spacecraft and he is one of the favs,shows you how f**ked up this race is,Spacecraft is worse than Wazn.

I have no choice but to back horses at big value and hope they fluke a good run,possibly Rekindled Interest who is a good Moonee Valley horse and a past Cox Plate placegetter and the other one being Masked Marvel whose last two runs have been quite good,if they go hard up front one of the mentioned mongos might be able to sneak home for a place at big odds.

Sphagnum

Coach
This is a f**ked up race now,Fiorente's form is around Spacecraft and he is one of the favs,shows you how f**ked up this race is,Spacecraft is worse than Wazn.

I have no choice but to back horses at big value and hope they fluke a good run,possibly Rekindled Interest who is a good Moonee Valley horse and a past Cox Plate placegetter and the other one being Masked Marvel whose last two runs have been quite good,if they go hard up front one of the mentioned mongos might be able to sneak home for a place at big odds.

ITT: bagging a horse that ran second in last years MC and an unlucky fourth in the Turnbull so you can take one that hasn't won for years or one that got beaten at the same distance, on a more suitable track last start by a horse who can't run 2000m down a well in Honorius.

And that Wazn comment was disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. Super Cool best roughie.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
ITT: bagging a horse that ran second in last years MC and an unlucky fourth in the Turnbull so you can take one that hasn't won for years or one that got beaten at the same distance, on a more suitable track last start by a horse who can't run 2000m down a well in Honorius.

And that Wazn comment was disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. Super Cool best roughie.

Taking 4/1 about a horse that has never won a group one race in a Cox Plate and one whom loves finding trouble in races = no thanks.

Sphagnum

Coach
Taking 4/1 about a horse that has never won a group one race in a Cox Plate and one whom loves finding trouble in races = no thanks.

There is also the Gai factor. She is a deadset genius that chick.

You're starting to convince me except for the Masked Marvel/rekindled interest dribble.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
There is also the Gai factor. She is a deadset genius that chick.

You're starting to convince me except for the Masked Marvel/rekindled interest dribble.

:lol::lol:Im trying to find a decent roughie in the race for the following reasons

Can't take 4/1 about Its a Dundeel due to the setback and the fact he lost his only race at Moonee Valley last season in the Aami Vase

Can't take 4/1 about Pusiance de Lune because he has never won a group one race and Ben Melham is a special needs child

Can't take 4/1 about Fiorente for the above reasons

There is no value in the favs imo which is why im on the look out for a roughie

Latest posts