What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cox Plate

lockyno1

Post Whore
First horse since 1959 to do the Epsom/Cox Plate double.

How was Highland Reel so overrated? Seriously!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Full of shit is what he is, no doubt.

I was all over Highland Reel and Arod.

Fail.

I was startled at how good Winx was. Well played.

coolsteve

Juniors
I was on Crieterion. spewing because I have watched replay a few times and before Bowman shifted in (without looking on inside) , Walker did the same but did look over his shoulder on the inside. Still wouldnt have won but would have been a bit more exciting finish for me.Anyway, got a lousy A2 up for a collect

lockyno1

Post Whore
Maybe locky is Richard freedman? Says one thing but then backs something else?

Was always going to have a bit on Winx, the money was spot on, and Mooney Valley more than anywhere is where the money goes, especially late. Didn't actually win a lot from that race, but was nice to get a trifecta, just a % though. Was concerned about Winx earlier in the week and the concerns were pretty valid but yesterday you wanted to be on the inside barrier.

Was a great day of racing. Always is on Cox Plate day.

Gina Minehart

Juniors
I was on Crieterion. spewing because I have watched replay a few times and before Bowman shifted in (without looking on inside) , Walker did the same but did look over his shoulder on the inside. Still wouldnt have won but would have been a bit more exciting finish for me.Anyway, got a lousy A2 up for a collect

Agree

Makes me think it's a melb cup show at 13s

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Winx certainly has gone to another level, that was quite stunning yesterday how she put a gap on some very good animals.

Still makes me wonder how good First Seal potentially was/will be if they can get her back to full fitness, at its best it used to give Winx windburn. Obviously as horses mature they can can get the better of other horses who they might have struggled to beat as younger horses, would still be interesting though.

coolsteve

Juniors
Highland Reel (already have $20-1 on him as a future market). Quinella with Arod. I'll have Kermedec/Preferment in for the trifecta. going to leave Winx out due to the barrier.

If that cat Criterion wins, I may need therapy! Useless plonker...every time I back it...runs last...every time I don't it wins..actually that's a good idea, I'll back it just so the owners lose :lol:

I know Adelaide did it last year but I hate backing horses not having a run in Australia first. Has 2400m form but in the UK, Australia is a different kettle of fish coming out for 1 run. May win but I'm happy to only have a saver on it. Rock bottom odds.

If there is speed, Preferment comes right into it. Have Winx on top, saver on Preferment and Kermedec (purely on odds, as I'm in the boat of forgiving his last run at Caulfield)

Have Winx at $40-1 in a futures but I know I'm stuffed if Highland Reel runs at its best.

Trifecta, good collect but number 7 you absolute donkey costing me the first 4

Was always going to have a bit on Winx, the money was spot on, and Mooney Valley more than anywhere is where the money goes, especially late. Didn't actually win a lot from that race, but was nice to get a trifecta, just a % though. Was concerned about Winx earlier in the week and the concerns were pretty valid but yesterday you wanted to be on the inside barrier.

Was a great day of racing. Always is on Cox Plate day.

Agreed loved Criterion's run.

Also impressed with Preferment's run yesterday too
much confused

lockyno1

Post Whore
much confused

Was a confusing race. I hate backing favourites period. Would rather lose than back a favourite usually. I had Highland Reel with a little in Winx ( literally $5 lol) in a future bet, lost but I can't complain with the run with HR. Had a bit on the trifecta boxing Winx, Critetion, Highland Reel and Hartnell (had it in for value just in case).

Was a great race and one with a very deserved winner. Winx was better than I thought going in as frankly I thought the Epsom was a joke- on first viewing. Have since re watched it and it was just that Winx was so good it looked that way.

Tarzino this week please. Although $2.25 is laughable for a major Group 1.

Latest posts