What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPU Fairness

med37

Juniors
First off well done to sidhe.This is a quality product, and all those associated with its development should be proud off what they've achieved.

Everythings tops apart from a few things.

* Goalkicking. Very difficult. Just lost 22-24 to Wests after scoring 5 tries too 4. Does the CPU miss a reasonable amount off kicks?. Their kicker hit 4 from 4 with 3 from the sideline.

* Putting the ball down. Just had Ben Kennedy of the Knights held up with a guy only holding on to his ankles. All he had to do was fall over, but seemed unable to do so. Does this happen to the CPU as well?

I can overlook some small negatives, but it would be nice to know that they adversely affect the CPU as well.

Eddie.

Bench
med37 said:
* Goalkicking. Very difficult. Just lost 22-24 to Wests after scoring 5 tries too 4. Does the CPU miss a reasonable amount off kicks?. Their kicker hit 4 from 4 with 3 from the sideline.

mate if the tigers kicker is Covell he is a damn good kicker, i would expect him to slot them from anywhere

but yeah someone else mentioned that the kickers for the cpu seem to kick the vast vast majority.

nibbs

Bench
I've found that CPU kicker miss heaps from the sideline. And they don't always get the easy ones either.

nibbs

Bench
As for the holding up if there are tacklers beering down on you its wise to place the ball as kickly as possible once you get within range of the line.

-JJ-

Juniors
"Putting the ball down. Just had Ben Kennedy of the Knights held up with a guy only holding on to his ankles. All he had to do was fall over, but seemed unable to do so. Does this happen to the CPU as well? "

Yes.

budz

Juniors
med37 said:
First off well done to sidhe.This is a quality product, and all those associated with its development should be proud off what they've achieved.

* Putting the ball down. Just had Ben Kennedy of the Knights held up with a guy only holding on to his ankles. All he had to do was fall over, but seemed unable to do so. Does this happen to the CPU as well?

I can overlook some small negatives, but it would be nice to know that they adversely affect the CPU as well.
What makes goal kicking hard is the delay after you press the button. What you have to do to combat that is instead of just tapping the button softly kinda hold the button down for a second. You have to also get used to the delay depending on how good the kicker is. The better the kicker the smaller the delay is. I started off kicking really badly and missing from right in front, and recently ive been kicking easily over 75%. Practise makes perfect!

Forum Idiot

Bench
med37 said:

i found that cpu kickers arent very good. just played roosters in round 2 and fitzgibbon was having a shocker! and i got thrashed :oops:

Anonymous

Juniors
I think the kicking is great (on PS2 anyway) it doesn't take long to get the hang of. And the CPU misses plenty of kicks.

nibbs

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
I think the kicking is great (on PS2 anyway) it doesn't take long to get the hang of. And the CPU misses plenty of kicks.

I think most people only notice the CPU kicking like god, when their in a shitty situation. Usually they miss a kick every game when I play them...

budz

Juniors
nibbletjones said:
Thierry Henry said:

I think most people only notice the CPU kicking like god, when their in a shitty situation. Usually they miss a kick every game when I play them...
Really?? I was playing against Souths in legend and Smith kicked 5/5 and most of them were hard kicks. I think on the computer they seem to get most of their kicks.

i,ve played 4 seasons and only had five missed kicks by the computer, they where all pressure kicks to either win the game or make it even. and in the statistics they seem to miss quite a lot like craig fitzgibbon had like 34 goals out of like 80 or 90 attempts.

Fabio

Juniors
Could this depend on which skill level you are playing also? It's possible that the CPU will kick better on harder levels? Can anyone confirm this?

Currently I am playing "Seasoned" level, and the CPU kicks quite well...usually about 70-80%

I am kicking about 80% too without too many difficulties (with Girdler though). Its all about timing on the kick meter.

westie

Bench
med37 said:

Seeing how in 2002 Superboot kicked at around 92% and most of the kicks he missed hit the post from the side line, i think its probably a pretty accurate hit/miss ratio.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
the CPU is a cheat, as in all games. I threw a pass dead set at least 2 metres back and it was called forward. The replay also showed this, but the ref and Vossy thought it was "clearly forward" lol

Parra_Boy

Juniors
LOL I know ay!

You pass the ball and it turns into a banana-pass going backwards and then curving back forwards.

Though it's good to have a chuckle about it when your mate does it 10m out from their own tryline! :D

guys like Covell, El Masri and Hannay all have 9/10 for their kicking stats, so chances are they're going to be able to slot them in no matter where, expecially on the harder difficulty levels

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah, goalkicking gets easier over time.

CPU misses a lot

v Storm Orford kicked 2/4
v Penrith Girdler kicked 0/4 (3 from in front)

I still miss some shots from in front tho.

Speaking of goalkicking on the PS2 version how do you dertimine who is the 1st choice kicking Witt has a rating of 7 and burt 8 yet Witt is given 1st choice how do I know who will be 1st chocie same applies to Play kickers in detirmining who kicks off.

Erhan

Juniors
On my computer, The kicking bar response changes according to the whether. Infact, the response time will sometimes change throughout the match by becoming more delayed most of the time. Does any one else have the same problem ? It can become quite irritating when playing the higher levels and missing them right from infront. Also, the bug where the ball sails straight between the uprights but it's deemed as a miss.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I was just playing NSW ( origin team) against my own created team and Andrew John's didnt kick very well, but most of his were from the sideline, i remember him scoring 2/4 or 5. I am impressed with the AI kicking