What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Young and personal reference for Finch

Qdf

Juniors
Very disappointed to see Craig provided a personal reference on his employers letterhead.

Another muppet using the club as his personal fiefdom.

By all means provide a family friend with a reference if you wish.

Don’t embroil the club in your personal matters.
True , just goes to show you.
Fat Albert thinks he owns this club, he does what ever he likes. Which 9 times out of 10 is totally wrong for the club. He's always had this arrogant attitude & that's one off the reasons we are a club
in total meltdown.

Illusion

Bench
True , just goes to show you.
Fat Albert thinks he owns this club, he does what ever he likes. Which 9 times out of 10 is totally wrong for the club. He's always had this arrogant attitude & that's one off the reasons we are a club
in total meltdown.
This ...... he has and will always be a problem within the club ......

Gourley's Socks

Juniors

If the scan is to be believed, not only is it on club letterhead but it is signed off as "Chairman".

It's questionable judgement to write a character reference at all given the circumstances but to have done so not as a private citizen but as chairman of the club should be a sackable offence in my opinion.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Did he get Board approval to use the club’s letterhead?

You would think as an ex Detective in the Police Force he would know & understand the correct protocols in these court matters.
He obviously knows the Finch family very well and has lent some form of character support. Up to the Court now!

Old Timer

Coach
OK I just read what Albert wrote and I agree that it should have been done outside of his work environment and certainly not on club letterhead,

He isn't the 1st to do it and he certainly won't be the last to do it either and whilst I understand his motivation it isn't the right way to go about such matters.

I wonder if he did it off his own bat or whether he ran it past the board and the club's legal department?

I'm sure if the reporters were fair dinkum and had a look at references provided on behalf of footballers appearing before courts there would be a plethora of company and government department letterheads to be seen.

The press trying to wedge Albert and obviously not worried about the consequences of their actions and any tragic circumstances it might trigger.

Brett Finch has already and will continue to pay a huge price for his behaviour so the matter should be left to the courts and the scummy press who all thought he was a great bloke should reflect on their own behaviour.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
On St George letterhead! GTFO! If this is the bloke that is part of making the big decisions in the club, then this shows how dumb and out of touch he is, and why the club is in the mess it is in. This seems like an utter joke that this merkin or the club would allow this and do this.

Qdf

Juniors
On St George letterhead! GTFO! If this is the bloke that is part of making the big decisions in the club, then this shows how dumb and out of touch he is, and why the club is in the mess it is in. This seems like an utter joke that this merkin or the club would allow this and do this.
Definitely C.Young is trying to
make his "personal character reference " have more influence, in using the STGEORGE letter head.
The question now is did he have permission to do so?
If the answer is NO what are the consequences.
If answer is YES why did the
Board allow this to happen?
Also what about our club sponsors what is there response to this debacle?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Definitely C.Young is trying to
make his "personal character reference " have more influence, in using the STGEORGE letter head.
The question now is did he have permission to do so?
If the answer is NO what are the consequences.
If answer is YES why did the
Board allow this to happen?
Also what about our club sponsors what is their response to this debacle?
100 percent agree. Yet another shit stain in the history of the St George Illawarra Dragons.