What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Grand Final entertainment

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Going back to my original post about a cheergirl dance off I reckon it’s a pretty good idea.

Arriving early at some broncos games I got to see the cheerleaders do some of their routines and they were great.
They are very very fit and I’m not just talking about their bodies

mistertaylor

Juniors
2021 GF entertainment, the NRL should throw the chequebook at Foo Fighters. Guaranteed to fire everyone up before the game!

mistertaylor

Juniors
Also - Amy Shark is a talented artist in her own right BUT her set was not suited to GF pre match entertainment. I get the impression NRL wre given a shortlist of available acts by whichever record label they have commercial arrangement with, and picked the one they thought would be most appealing ti the masses

Nuke

Staff member
He was great at the Fire Fight concert earlier this year.
He was. He's great every time I've seen him live before.

Can you imagine the uproar from the PC brigade, however, when his guitarist comes on screen? If you've seen Alice Cooper live (or on tv from Fire Fight) anytime in recent years, you'll know the guitarist I'm talking about..!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It’s amazing how people are still talking about wheeling out acts from the 70s and 80s. I remember these same conversations on the forums almost 20 years ago and those same artists were outdated even then.

I’m coming to terms with being an old merkin myself so it’s weird having people still trotting out suggested artists who are even 20 years before my time. Is the average NRL fan 70?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s amazing how people are still talking about wheeling out acts from the 70s and 80s. I remember these same conversations on the forums almost 20 years ago and those same artists were outdated even then.

I’m coming to terms with being an old merkin myself so it’s weird having people still trotting out suggested artists who are even 20 years before my time. Is the average NRL fan 70?

saw an8 year old kid yesterday with a mullet and ac/dc cap on. Some people can’t move on lol

Mr Spock!

Referee

Maybe because music today is crap.

I don't particularly want to hear a dance off on The Voice.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe because music today is crap.

I don't particularly want to hear a dance off on The Voice.

Yeah, nah.

Plenty of good shit out there even if you ignore 99% of popular radio. Old Merkins just need to move on and try new shit

Incidentally my 65 year old father has just gotten into heavy metal....