What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creatine

Snoochies

First Grade
Currently on the Stronglifts and am reaching a plateau and have not taken anything but since I'm enjoying the training so much I want to keep building on what I have achieved in the last 4 months.

Started looking at Creatine Monohydrate and from what I see it helps improve strength.

Anyone had any experience and results with it?

Frailty

First Grade
Currently on the Stronglifts and am reaching a plateau and have not taken anything but since I'm enjoying the training so much I want to keep building on what I have achieved in the last 4 months.

Started looking at Creatine Monohydrate and from what I see it helps improve strength.

Creatine Monohydrate markets itself to aid in muscle recovery and muscle endurance, so it may not essentially help strength increases. So it may help build muscle but not necessarily increase strength.

They also recommend you cycle its use, i.e. month on, then month off, as excess creatine is flushed by the kidneys and there are hints that constant use can lead to a degradation in kidney function.

I would recommend taking a week off, and re-evaluate your training. The best way to beat a plateau is rest, and then mix up your training.

melon....

Coach

Stay off the shit. get smart. The best way to kick of progress is to Shock the system. 99% of teh time its doing something new that your muscles arent used to or have forgotten.

woodyk2

First Grade
Used it and reckon its great. I ve found it increased muscle endurance more than anything.

Thomas

First Grade
Stay off the shit. get smart. The best way to kick of progress is to Shock the system. 99% of teh time its doing something new that your muscles arent used to or have forgotten.

Yep. Works for me. I'm also on Stronglifts and have taken a break after reaching a plateau. Time for high intensity body weight workouts.

abpanther

Staff member
Hey Snoochies did you end up trying it?

I have a mate who just started on it and I'm strongly considering it

It is all a placebo... The only supplements that work are anabolic steroids and perhaps protein.

In saying that, being a placebo is not necessarily a bad thing.

shaggs

Coach
Purple k works for me. Only take it on my training days. Helps when I get glyco-depleted half way through. Was also good when I was boxing. It gave my body something there to burn rather than my muscles.

T.T

Juniors
creatine is proven to work. i lost so much strength when i cycled off it.

i also started stronglifts am up to week 4.

am interested in what everyone was lifting at the start compared to now/end of week 12?

Snoochies

First Grade
Hey Snoochies did you end up trying it?

I have a mate who just started on it and I'm strongly considering it

Nah haven't as of yet but will endevour to give it ago.

T.T.

You will love the Strong Lifts and keep at it.

I went from

BP: 50kg --> 97.5kg
Squat: 70kg --> 155kg
Overhead Press: 22.5kg --> 62.5kg
Row: 50kg --> 87.5kg
Deadlift: Started around 40kg as I was a novice but got to 145kg.

The early stages aren't too hard but it's worth it. I've started a new diet to try and lose some fat so have gone backwards a touch but it's good to knwo where you're at.

Good luck.

T.T

Juniors
cheers snoochie. those are some pretty impressive lifts

i've been hitting the gym for a while now but chose to do stronglifts as i have stopped gaining strength. I have been losing it if anything due to weak shoulders with alot of tendonitis i think

my current stats are, for 5 reps:

bp: 75
squat: 100
row: 75
OHP: 45
deadlift: 112.5

pretty dismal i know.

shaggs

Coach
TT and snoochie, pretty impressive lifts there. What are you guys weighing in at. I'm 80kg.
I'm doing SL too.

Bench 87.5kg
Row 67.5kg
OHP 55kg
Squat 107.5kg
Deadlift 115kg

Had a few Sessions off with work and family. Would have made a bit more gains without the missed sessions. Finding that I'm stuck at that squat weight. Bit of a plateau there. Started off, pretty much with the lowest weights due to 5 years of no weights.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bench:110
Row:95
OHP:75
Squat:120 (I've torn my ACL before in my left knee so my squat numbers will never be great)
Deadlift:155 with straps

abpanther

Staff member
Out of curiosity, how long do you guys take average to complete your squats from start to finish?

T.T

Juniors
i'm 6'5 and have shit shoulders and hips so i have alot of trouble with all the lifts.

for squats i dont really time it. between the warmup sets its 1-2min then for the final set i syke myself up and its 2-3 min