What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket: Broadcasters demand changes to save BBL

typicalfan

Coach
Play the BBL a bit like NRL/AFL. Marquee game Friday night, triple header Saturday, Double header Sunday. JLT games on Tues to Thurs.

Use the extra space in the schedule by moving the JLT to elongate the Shield season and start the tests earlier. Just a thought.

Timbo

Staff member
Play the BBL a bit like NRL/AFL. Marquee game Friday night, triple header Saturday, Double header Sunday. JLT games on Tues to Thurs.

Use the extra space in the schedule by moving the JLT to elongate the Shield season and start the tests earlier. Just a thought.

I don’t know about jumping back and forth between the BBL and JLT. That might make it worse.

typicalfan

Coach
I don’t know about jumping back and forth between the BBL and JLT. That might make it worse.
That was my one concern too. I don't think mixing up the games would be too bad though, it would keep the skills of both formats fresh and if the workload is a bit much then resting players from either format could work. Would also have some relevant form guides for ODI selection too.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The problem with playing the one dayers and 20/20s together is that the BBL teams are franchises with players from all over the place whereas the JTL is a state squad comp

More international players would be good, but it’s also a problem for international cricket. IPL already has an exclusive 2 month window, if more money is offered to international players it could hurt the emerging nations a lot. Plus also the West Indies, NZ etc who can’t afford to pay their players big bucks.

Mr Spock!

Referee
The way the marquee players are in this tournament it must be tempting for Border et al to make a comeback and get some easy cash. He couldn't be any worse.

If they're picking club cricketers I might have to find my whites (or whatever they play in now)

Mr Spock!

Referee
Not your lid, though...right?
Why?

5043060-3x2-940x627.jpg

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cricket Australia really should have let Smith and Warner play in the big bash. One for the thunder and one for the Sixers

Seems silly when they just went off and played in Bangladesh

The way the marquee players are in this tournament it must be tempting for Border et al to make a comeback and get some easy cash. He couldn't be any worse.

If they're picking club cricketers I might have to find my whites (or whatever they play in now)

The fking BBL killed the XXXX Beach Cricket comp, the merkins.

Even at 50 and 60 years of age, there was still more talent and ability and start power in those games than three BBLs and the IPL.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The declining standards of a game which was built on declining the standards of cricket.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bring in an 8th side. Play each other twice home and away.

First half of the games in October. Second half in January.

Play all games at night.

Open up the schedule to play more first class games.

Get rid of drop in wickets. They are killing the game.

No T20 games to be played at the major Test venues in October.

Kill the franchise thing too. Players should come from each states limited overs squads - heat players must be in the QLD limited overs squad.

People are more likely to support players who live nearer the city they represent.