What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

TheParraboy

Staff member
Forget the Olympics, there is a test match on in Belfast...

STUMPS day 1
Only Test, Belfast, July 25 - 29, 2024, Zimbabwe tour of Ireland

Zimbabwe Flag
Zimbabwe
(71.3 ov) 210
Ireland Flag
Ireland

JJ

Immortal
RIP Graham Thorpe, terrific player, incredibly sad. 😔
Had his battles as I recall, huge contributions to the game, big loss, obviously most importantly to his family

TheParraboy

Staff member
RIP Graham Thorpe, terrific player, incredibly sad. 😔
Had his battles as I recall, huge contributions to the game, big loss, obviously most importantly to his family

Yeah was surprised to read (not the reasons why, just cant remember him taking a break) that he needed to take a good break from cricket when his first marriage failed and couldnt see his kids, but came back to international cricket

Was supposed to be Afghanistan's head coach in 2022, but couldnt proceed due to illness. Im assuming this illness is what got him in the end ??

Played through the era where we were considered one of the best test sides of all time, and he was consistently very good against us.

RIP Stumpy

JJ

Immortal
Yeah was surprised to read (not the reasons why, just cant remember him taking a break) that he needed to take a good break from cricket when his first marriage failed and couldnt see his kids, but came back to international cricket

Was supposed to be Afghanistan's head coach in 2022, but couldnt proceed due to illness. Im assuming this illness is what got him in the end ??

Played through the era where we were considered one of the best test sides of all time, and he was consistently very good against us.

RIP Stumpy
Didn’t he have some links to NSW cricket too? Just a very good no frills test bat as I recall

no home track hero either. https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/articles/c0xx3435g0vo

JJ

Immortal
He was a bit better than no frills. Had every shot in the book. His innings in Christchurch in 2002 was all class. Got dropped by Astle (first ball).
I didn’t mean that disrespectfully, as a leftie my recollection is he was more Border in terms of his grit than Gower/Lara if that makes sense…

Latest posts