What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket quiz

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The answer is Matthew Hayden,

he scored 1151 runs at 57.55 in the 1993 Tour, and did not make a test appearence.

Now heres another one, on that 1993 Tour who was the only player on that tour to have, not only didn't played a test on tour but also in their career?

*Paul*

Juniors
Actually, Albert Trott doesn't hold the highest average (It's only 38 anyway). That belongs to Andy Ganteaume - one innings 112 runs.
Mohamed Nawaz of Sri Lanka currently averages 99.00

PARRA_FAN

Coach
*Paul* said:
Actually, Albert Trott doesn't hold the highest average (It's only 38 anyway). That belongs to Andy Ganteaume - one innings 112 runs.
Mohamed Nawaz of Sri Lanka currently averages 99.00

We know that mate, he holds the record for players who played for Australia.

Bradmans record will always be on top, its impossible to break that record.

In-goal

Bench
On the coverage of the test the other day a question arose, which famous test cricketer was born with 5 fingers and a thumb on each hand.

the answer was Sir Garfield Sobbers.

Azkatro

First Grade
Was Wayne Holdsworth correct on the last question?

On the three centuries one, I'll have to think about it a bit but my first guess off-hand is M E Waugh.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Which batsman became the first to score centuries in his first three tests in Test cricket?

Mohammed Azharuddin from India, 110 on debut vs England at Calcutta in season 1984-85. I'm pretty sure the other 2 were against the poms as well.

Here's one-There is only one instance in history where a father and his son both scored centuries on debut. Who are they?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Azkatro said:
Was Wayne Holdsworth correct on the last question?

On the three centuries one, I'll have to think about it a bit but my first guess off-hand is M E Waugh.

Holdsworth is correct.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
madunit said:
PARRA_FAN said:
Which batsman became the first to score centuries in his first three tests in Test cricket?

Mohammed Azharuddin from India, 110 on debut vs England at Calcutta in season 1984-85. I'm pretty sure the other 2 were against the poms as well.

Here's one-There is only one instance in history where a father and his son both scored centuries on debut. Who are they?

Lala Amanath (INDIA) scored 118 against England at Mumbai 1933/34, his son Surinder Amanath scored 124 against New Zealand at Auckland, both on debut.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's an easy one

Which did Ray Lindwall have the most of; points for St.George in first grade or wickets for Australia in Test matches?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
madunit said:
Here's an easy one

Which did Ray Lindwall have the most of; points for St.George in first grade or wickets for Australia in Test matches?

its gotta be most wickets, cause he hasnt played that many games for St.George.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wrong answer

Ray Lindwall played 31 games for St.George (1940, 1942-43 & 1946) scored 7 tries and kicked 123 goals for a total of 267 points

He played 61 tests, and took 228 wickets

Good question though eh? :)

Latest posts