What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket quiz

PARRA_FAN

Coach
McGrath maybe,

but when he started he batted at number 10 with McDermott at 11. Walsh has played a lot of test matches so it must be him.

Azkatro

First Grade
Well I guess I can hand over the next question.

Law 38 (2) states that "If a no-ball has been called, the striker shall not be given out unless he attempts a run." It was when this rule was incorrectly ignored by an umpire, combined with some poor sportsmanship, in the 1990-91 series that brought relations between two nations to an incredible low.

Which two countries were involved in the incident and who was the batsman incorrectly dismissed?

*Paul*

Juniors
This would be Dean Jones, Aus V Windies. I seem to recall he got a fair way away from the wicket before twigging.

When Raman Subba Row missed a catch and said 'Sorry, ____, I should have kept my legs together.', who replied: 'Nay, lad, it was your mother who should have done that.' ?

Azkatro

First Grade
*Paul* said:
This would be Dean Jones, Aus V Windies. I seem to recall he got a fair way away from the wicket before twigging.

When Raman Subba Row missed a catch and said 'Sorry, ____, I should have kept my legs together.', who replied: 'Nay, lad, it was your mother who should have done that.' ?

Your answer is right and I've got NO conceivable idea about your question :lol:

*Paul*

Juniors
English bowler

Asked whether he thought anyone would ever break his record, he is reputed to have replied: "Aye, but whoever does will be bloody tired."

Azkatro

First Grade
Fred Trueman.

It's a bit early so this question will probably be really easy. Who said this and who did he do it against:

"I had given no thought to Len Hutton's record until I passed three hundred. You have to remember that I had never scored even a single Test century, so that great score of Hutton's never entered my mind."

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sir Garfield Sobers.

In the Australian First Class Season of 2001-02 Which 5 batsmen scored over 1000 runs?

Azkatro

First Grade
Jimmy Maher and Martin Love are the only two I can think of, they were great in 01/02

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right you are

Hayden 1243 @ 82.87
Maher 1194 @66.33
Love 1189 @ 62.58
Langer 1030 @ 68.67
Blewett 1025 @ 56.94

Azkatro

First Grade
madunit said: