What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket quiz

Azkatro

First Grade
Next Who Am I..

I was born in Sydney in 1884 and made my Test debut against England in 1904 at the age of 19. In that series, I became the youngest Australian to take five wickets in a Test innings (taking 6-40 in Melbourne), a record I still hold nearly 100 years later. I played 21 Tests. I was the only Australian Test player to die in World War I and was buried near Beersheba in Palestine (now Israel). Who am I?

*Paul*

Juniors
No question from you, Colonel?

OK - Despite being a recognised batsman, scoring over 4000 runs at 42, I played a Test series where my scores were: 0,0,1,0,0,0
Who am I?.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mark Waugh, or Mark Taylor even. Surely it's one of them. I'm leaning towards Taylor.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colonel Eel said:
Madunit - Taylor scored a shade over 7500 runs and Mark Waugh just a tick over 8000.

But the question stated that they scored over 4000 runs? the last time I looked 7500 and 8000 were higher than 4000.

I better go back to kindy and learn how to count straight again.

*Paul*

Juniors
My 1 run in 6 innings was ironic, as I had scored nearly 600 runs against the same opposition in the Carribean earlier in the year. Also known as 'Jimmy'

Azkatro

First Grade
I was born in Scotland in 1909 and migrated to Australia with my family, where I became a boy wonder, playing for New South Wales at 17 and Australia at 19, scoring a century on debut. A batsman of immense talent, I was compared to the great Victor Trumper before creating an unwanted record, as the youngest Test cricketer to die, at just 23 from tuberculosis - a record I still hold. My funeral in Sydney, at the height of the Bodyline affair, was a massive event, as the nation mourned the passing of one of its brightest talents. Who am I?

The Colonel

Immortal
Archibald Jackson.

Australia has been involved in two tied tests. Name the two people involved in the final wicket of both test matches (You need to give four names)

Azkatro

First Grade
Off the top of my head, Greg Matthews bowled the LBW ball that tied the second one, not sure who it was to though (some Indian tailender)... the first one, I think it was Ian Meckiff who was runout by the West Indian player ummm... Solomon.

Archie Jackson is correct by the way, well done!

The Colonel

Immortal
Azkatro said:
Off the top of my head, Greg Matthews bowled the LBW ball that tied the second one, not sure who it was to though (some Indian tailender)... the first one, I think it was Ian Meckiff who was runout by the West Indian player ummm... Solomon.

Archie Jackson is correct by the way, well done!

OK you have three Meckiff and Solomon in 1961 and Matthews and ?? in 1986/87

Azkatro

First Grade
Maninder Singh!!!

Which Aussie hit a record 16 sixes in an innings for Gloucestershire in 1995?