What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Trivia

JJ

Immortal
Not enough games for Cowie to earn a ranking I dare say...

Okay - so not Crowe, Flem, Jones, Wright, -

Edgar?
Astle?

Give me a decade or an era to work with?

Reid - EITHER OF THEM. Has to be.

Did Donnelly play enough games?

Did Dempster?

Richardson, Ryder?

Im getting desperate now.

No, none of them... :D from our finest era, most of us remember him for a prolonged period of ordinariness... but for a time, he was a superb strokemaker

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I would have said COney era if 2 years is an era.

Well we better get it back to Aus before we get accussed of hijacking :)

Okay...

Give me a mo to think of somehting

yappy

Bench
Not Sinclair? He started with a bang against the Windies (they couldn't beat you at the time)

ANTiLAG

First Grade
A nice easy one:

Ian Healey was not popular when made wicket keeper. Weird seeing he was a better player than the cheating Greg Dyer and could Veletta even keep?

He made a great catch in the 89 AShes which helped, but what single event stopped his harshest fans from criticisng him any more....

Timbo

Staff member
He got a quickfire 40 odd in one of those tests, thats all I can think of.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Timbo; no.

First think why he was being criticised...

And; this is a huge hint; its not a test match...

ANTiLAG

First Grade
It was the 50 at the SCG in 91 I was looking for as the answer.

That 40 you're thinking of shutup WA Zoehrer fans for the test spot; but all states other than QLD wanted him out of the ODI team. After his 50 people cheered him on AUssie grounds - before that he was being booed everywhere.

Ill give it to you Tim - you can be MC now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed... before his eyes went, he was a very very fine player... and probably still the best captain, tactically at least...

over to you!

Flem is the best that ever wore a black cap imo.

JJ

Immortal
Flem is the best that ever wore a black cap imo.

take it you mean bat? or captain? maybe the latter... batting - Sutcliffe, Donnelly, Dempster, Turner, Crowe, Jones, Reid x2 all easily better... others Richardson, Coney, Wright, Astle arguably better

the cricinfo best ever XI was
Turner, Dempster, Sutcliffe, Crowe, DOnnelly, Reid, Hadlee, Smith, Vetorri, Bond and Cowie

relatively slim pickings, but Smith and Vetorri aside, not much to argue about... one thing we have had is world-class all-rounders - that team has Reid, Hadlee and Vetorri... but Chris Cairns and Bruce Taylor were outstanding cricketers too

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Do we need a new question?

Who was the last white player to represent the West Indies before Brendan Nash?

Latest posts