What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket's day of shame

HevyDevy

Coach
Although in all honesty, the ICC's actions were predicted by most of us some time ago.

They've already set precedents with their handling of the forfeited Test as well as the World Cup etc.

HevyDevy

Coach
JJ said:
I'm not saying it's an awesome way...

But
1. It worked obviously
2. It annoys the hell out of some Australians
3. Clearly Australians have no choice but to cop it - so quit your bitching :D

Admit it, you're thrilled the racial charge was dropped. Hell, some of you are STILL denying that there was a racial slur. Those that aren't are suggesting Symonds is precious.

Tragic

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JJ said:
grace and dignity, the Australian way (and the Indian way it seems) yup, turn your backs ladies :lol: sad and pathetic

I think the real issue here is that the Indians are standing up to the Australians on and off the field, and the fact that India is now clearly the most important nation in world cricket eats away at bigotted merkins like El D like an aggressive cancer...

so by standing up to Australia, you mean threatening to go home if they dont get the umpire they want and the charges against a racist dropped ?

and on the field....................dont make me laugh

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
JJ said:
:lol: have another crack Frank - sober up first.

We all need a valid cause eh? :crazy:

Well you clearly don't. Your argument about the Indians standing up to the Aussies on and off the field holds about as much water as Ozbash's fishing net.

But don't let my exposing of your anti-Aussie agenda stop you. Fish on son.

JJ

Immortal
[furrycat] said:
Maybe we should smoke some dope like Pothead Flemmo to calm down eh?

Excellent idea :clap: get yourself a blowjob while your at it, you're way tooooo earnest

Twizzle said:
and on the field....................dont make me laugh

series could well have been drawn if not for a couple of attrocious decisions - but hey, obbviously you don't think it was a competitive series :crazy:

Lego_Man

First Grade
Symonds was being precious...but it's beside the point. ICC shouldnt have caved into the Indian pressure, it's been a disgraceful chapter really. The aussies have a right to be fired up, and indeed to tell India to f**k off.

El Diablo

Post Whore
ESPN are a disgrace too

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080130/jsp/nation/story_8841843.jsp

ESPN threat to Aussies
SAMYABRATA RAY GOSWAMI

Mumbai, Jan. 29: ESPN had threatened to sue Cricket Australia if India pulled out of the one-day series over the Harbhajan Singh row, a top official at the television network said.

“We told them (CA) point-blank that if India withdraws from the one-day series because of the Aussies’ inflexibility over dropping charges against Bhajji, we would incur nearly $60 million worth of revenue loss. Since that was unacceptable to us, we would be left with no choice but to file a lawsuit against them,” the official said.

As the global media and production partner of the International Cricket Council from 2007 to 2015, ESPN-STAR Sports holds the rights to broadcast the one-day series involving Australia, India and Sri Lanka in Asia.

Officials at the network claimed the threat had a role in getting the Australians to drop the racism charge against the off-spinner today.

Ricky Ponting’s boys were informed about the ESPN threat by CA before the Harbhajan hearing in Adelaide, the officials said. They were also told that given the lack of evidence against the Indian bowler, there was no guarantee the charge would stand the test of an inquisition.

India had said it would pull out of the tour if the racism charge was not dropped.

The Australians had during the Sydney Test accused Harbhajan of calling Andrew Symonds a “monkey”.

[furrycat]

Coach
S-NoFish.jpg

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
ozbash said:
turn your backs on your telly when ESPN is on.

that will show them :cool:

are you one of furry's little fwiends, fwank ?

you are both on the same level :lol:

Keep going. Simple-minded replies like that could only make you look smarter right?

Lego_Man said:
Symonds was being precious...but it's beside the point. ICC shouldnt have caved into the Indian pressure, it's been a disgraceful chapter really. The aussies have a right to be fired up, and indeed to tell India to f**k off.

Precious?!

are you a non white Australian?

unless you have walked in the shoes of someone that has probably copped racial abuse all his life i think you should reconsider presumming how he should feel.

JJ

Immortal
herbert henry1908 said:
Precious?!

unless you have walked in the shoes of someone that has probably copped racial abuse all his life i think you should reconsider presumming how he should feel.

are you saying that Australia is a racist society?

JJ said:
are you saying that Australia is a racist society?

im saying there are racists everywhere , in Australia , India , everyhere.

Just because there are racists here doesnt mean the Australian cricket team should cop it.

JJ

Immortal
herbert henry1908 said:
Precious?!

So EL D is more representative of the average Australian than we'd hope - sad...

[furrycat]

Coach
JJ said:
So EL D is more representative of the average Australian than we'd hope - sad...

You're supporting racism and very prejudiced against Australians.

You're just as bad.

JJ

Immortal
[furrycat] said:
You're supporting racism and very prejudiced against Australians.

You're just as bad.

Not at all, I am prejudiced against stupid people - terribly arrogant of me I know