Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by EelDredd, Oct 15, 2011.

1. EelDredd

EelDredd Juniors

2. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Where there's smoke there's fire. Or a journo with an axe to grind.

Or just maybe 'Eels in Crisis!!!!!!1!11' articles sell papers in the off-season.

3. boxhead

boxhead First Grade

What is with the punctuation and lack of capitals in the article?
    Does gutter journalism breed crummy editors as well?

4. Eels Dude

Eels Dude Coach

Spagnolo is a disease to our our club. He should be the first to go.

5. Poupou Escobar

The punctuation is fine in the original article; it's just the repost here that's all kinds of f**ked up.

The biased reporting, however, is present in the original too. Example - Osborne has accused a club employee of gossip yet the article implies that he is the one facing accusations.

The article also mentions how many kids Osborne has, which church he goes to, and (some) details of a dispute he is involved in with a real estate vendor (who is being investigated herself, yet Osborne is painted as the villain).

Very trashy, but the article has done its job - at least two of us have read it.

6. Poupou Escobar

What difference does it make who's on the board? Honestly?

7. Parra Pride

Parra Pride Coach

You don't even need the "in Crisis !!!!!!1!11" just the mere mention of our club sells papers.

8. Poupou Escobar

Yeah but only to Eels fans.

When we're in 'CRISIS!!!!!!' fans of other clubs buy those papers too.

Look how nobody gave a f**k about Manly until they imploded last week.

9. IFR33K

IFR33K First Grade

Surely you kidding.

We may as well put dumb merkins or junkies on there.

10. Jake the snake

Jake the snake Coach

Crisis ahhhhhhhh:crazy:

Kate finally got her dirty story on Parra she's been dying to do that for a while and what an earth shattering story it is. Stop the press everybody.

Although it's a nothing story I would have taken the opportunity for the club to get rid of Osbourne. He's done a heap of good for the fans but if he's miss used company funds then that's sackable. Spags should not of have had to pay up for him.

11. Jake the snake

Jake the snake Coach

If they are as dumb as you then yes let's get rid of them.

12. oldmancraigy

oldmancraigy Coach

I'd almost say the opposite?

Spagnolo is a crafty businessman who brings a high level of financial nous to the board. It means he does things which many of us might not like, but it means we were the best performed club financially in the past year; and his ruthless attitude seems to mean that we're very competitive in the player market.

13. Patorick

Patorick First Grade

Ha.

Please don't sack him Parra, I really don't want him back on ABC Grandstand every weekend.

For the sake of his family, your club, and my sanity, I hope this isn't true and McClymont has been duped.

Anyway, Osborne will talk his way out of it, regardless.

14. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Hold on, his wife racked up $35k on the company card and he didn't know ? HmmOK.

Duncan no doubt thought that the joint was run by amateurs and we wanted no part of it. Mud sticks etc and he needs to be a cleanskin for Pirtek's sake, so he bailed.

Nothing story ? There is an ex-employee who was told to write a cheque for about that amount by Fitzy and he was fired by Spag & Co. Happy to be corrected here.

15. oldmancraigy

oldmancraigy Coach

Exactly!

Ozzy bought a house, got ripped off by the vendor stealing the cash and declaring bankruptcy --> and so took the matter to fair trading.
    Also the club employee who gossiped has been disciplined by the board (including Duncan). Nothing there?
    He has a financial shortfall as a result of the alleged ripoff - possible may have done something dumb by using his credit card as a stop gap - and seems Spag tried to help him out with a one-off payment. Duncan thinks this is bad business (lending an employee money leads to a conflict of interest) - and so quit the board.

All it says to me is that the board and Ossie tend to get along well (hence they supported him in the gossip case) and Spag likes Ossie so much that he lent him cash to help out while an investigation is taking place.

16. Jake the snake

Jake the snake Coach

He should be sacked but is Parra really in Crisis as the heading purports? Ozzy has done a lot of good for the fans but anyone that miss uses funds should be done away with.

This is our Craig Thomson affair without the hookers. Seriously what is it with politicians and their credit cards.

17. Jake the snake

Jake the snake Coach

Ozzie is a ex politician so he can talk his way into and out of situations . I don't like politicians.

18. MarkInTheStands

MarkInTheStands Coach

I like these guys, they are good guys.

But the point it seems most are missing and that Roy is quoted as saying is Probity.

It would appear, reading between the lines that all of this (in the article) was raised at the recent Board meeting. Mr Duncan seems to have known about the loan and may have stated that Mr Spagnolo needs to abstain from the vote due to his conflict of interest on Mr Osbourne's employment (being personally en debited to him) and Roy may note have abstained or even allowed the vote, the result seems to be in the positive, that Mr Osbourne stays on.

In the Article, Roy is quoted as saying
    If anyone over at ASIC reads that, and then investigates the club on the matter and it is found true, we may be losing more than one board member.

But that is just what I read from it. I could be entirely missing the point.

19. spiderdan

spiderdan Bench

that's what she said.

20. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Coach

Fans tend to be a sensitive bunch. They hate reading negative stories about their club. I really don't see what the problem is with the story. Gutter journalism? :lol: Hardly.

This may or may not turn out to be a huge deal but given that our board is known to be a bit dodgy I'm not going to pretend this is all a storm in a teacup just yet.