What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronin Jnr to debut

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We've still got Bert and Horo. Not to mention Reddy and Manoa Thompson's kid. And let's not forget Daniel M-word.

There was also a Scott Ella (nephew) back in the mid-90s.

drago brelli

Bench
Peter Cronin won't get a game. He'll sit on the bench in his footy gear and soak up the atmosphere. He's been running around in the micky mouse Group 7 comp. He is no where near ready for anything that remotely resembles the NRL. He starred in that comp, however. Dragons obviously see something in him. I think he'll end up back with his dad at Gerringong in 2011. Worst places to be in this world.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Would have been good to see Cronnin Jnr line up next to Grothe Jnr. Ah well, all good things come to an end, even the 80's.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good player, but not classy enough to make it in the NRL as a back. Could make a good lock however.

Gronk

Staff member

Captain BF

Juniors
Is he any good? Has anyone here seen him play? I just noticed some bloke on the Parra Facebook page throwing a tantrum that he is playing for the Dragons.

natheel

Coach
didnt see much of him, dragons seemed to start shifting it to his wing and the players out that side had butter fingers, he dropped one pass that i saw as it was behind his head from boyd.

so no real indicator of how he actually went.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If he is going to make it he would need some time in reserve grade to build up his fitness, experience etc. Pretty hard to go from Group 7 to a NRL starting spot unless your are Mick Cronin, Rod Wishart or Keith Beachamp.

lingard

Coach
I hope no one ever does the young Cronin the disservice of comparing him to his dad. Michael Cronin was an absolute freak. Even with the accolades he has received over the years, he is still a terribly under-rated player. In my opinion, Michael Cronin and Bob Fulton are the two best centres in the history of the game in Australia. They would have made a legendary pair! With Kenny or Lewis at five-eight and Alan Langer at half. Who would the fullback be, I wonder? Langlands, Churchill, Les Johns, Ken Thornett?

I hope no one ever does the young Cronin the disservice of comparing him to his dad. Michael Cronin was an absolute freak. Even with the accolades he has received over the years, he is still a terribly under-rated player. In my opinion, Michael Cronin and Bob Fulton are the two best centres in the history of the game in Australia. They would have made a legendary pair! With Kenny or Lewis at five-eight and Alan Langer at half. Who would the fullback be, I wonder? Langlands, Churchill, Les Johns, Ken Thornett?

Someone's forgeting about Shannon Hegarty.