What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Unhappy With Ref Cummins

Meth

Staff member
These stories pop up all the time. “Fans explode at shocking incident” and it’s about 3-4 tweets from randoms.

Sharks weren’t hard done by and I haven’t heard any significant outcry from them that they were.

On to the next

Meth

Staff member
Also, if we were on the other end of that penalty, we would be upset. Not necessarily because it was wrong, but because it was tight and definitive

Benek

Juniors
Kind of the same as SJ's game-winning try in the previous game. They get all up in arms about a controversial call near the end, but conveniently forget all the poor calls that went the other way for the other 90% of the game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah this happens in nearly every tight game

For example Newcastle can claim the best try, Manly could contend that the Olakau’atu pulling the tackler off a completed tackler penalty happens many times a game with no call

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I didn't think it was a penalty either, to be fair. Very minimal contact - I think Hunt tried to impede Curran but really didn't

Oh well. Last I checked it's 2 points for us, and it's not like we get the rub of the green each week.

TheDMC

Bench
I read the entire Cronulla subgroup gameday thread on this forum for shits and giggles - it was quite fun seeing the comments descend into bitterness. Wasn't a lot of ref bashing to be fair, just plenty of their own team bashing. And not a comment on how well the warriors played in that second half.

Meth

Staff member
I read the entire Cronulla subgroup gameday thread on this forum for shits and giggles - it was quite fun seeing the comments descend into bitterness. Wasn't a lot of ref bashing to be fair, just plenty of their own team bashing. And not a comment on how well the warriors played in that second half.

Yeah and that's fine, I think. It's their prerogative to be more bitter about their team's performance than complimentary about ours. It seemed to me (although Fitzgibbon did cast a bit of an aspersion about the penalty) that the Sharks were taking the loss upon themselves.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cummins is not liked in our forum.

Me personally, i give no credence to ref calls, sure they get Shyte wrong for both teams.

Mulitano dropped his chocolates twice cost us the game.

Refs don't drop balls or miss tackles.

Shyte tradesman blaming his tools.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
True that, I maintain he does not drop balls, miss tackles, kick out on the full.

Game gets close and it's a ref call that cost you.

f**k that. Own your Shyte.

Leber

Bench
Were sharks fans upset in 2018 when they beat us off a forward pass at the end of the game, and got a top 4 spot because if it?

Meth

Staff member
Were sharks fans upset in 2018 when they beat us off a forward pass at the end of the game, and got a top 4 spot because if it?

I remember one fan on here in particular being intolerable.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Watching The Fan last night, amazing how long Cummins has been around stinking it up

They played the famous clip where Anasta got penalised for being punched in the head by Fa’alogo. “You’re off your head”