What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross OUT

antonius

Coach
You have to ask yourself, "how does it take our medical staff six weeks to discover an injury like this??" If it was looked at properly when it happened he would be fixed by now!!!! seems like much of the same old same old in that department.

strewth_mate

Bench
Buggery. Well I spose it counts him out for a couple of games at least. Odds that he'll ignore advice and play anyway?

antonius said:
You have to ask yourself, "how does it take our medical staff six weeks to discover an injury like this??" If it was looked at properly when it happened he would be fixed by now!!!! seems like much of the same old same old in that department.

Although Cross does strike me as the kind of bloke that wouldn't whinge about something like this.

Karmawave

Bench
Thats a massive blow to the start of the Knights campaign.

With the excess number of backrowers in the club, Smith may consider using Simpson in the front row.

Bicey_18

Bench
So we could be looking at a forward pack of:

8. Royal
9. Buderus
10. Ciraldo
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Houston

14. Wicks
15. Fa'aso
16. Taia
17. Hilder

Still not a bad forward pack there...

macavity

Referee
big blow - although I think we can cover it short term.

pack above needs more Taufua - put him in for Taia.

Karmawave

Bench
I am hopeful Danny Wicks has shred up a bit and lost some weight, because the big lad has ability.

He could force his way into a starting spot if he is fit enough. When I saw him before Christmas he had some work to do on the cardio front!

Anyone seen his current shape?!

With the right attitude to training Wicks could cement a starting spot in the team this year, but it all comes down to ATTITUDE.

When both are fit, Cross/Wicks in the front row spots won't be such a bad thing if both are healthy.

Karmawave

Bench
antonius said:

I would have to agree here! How can this happen and go unseen for so long.

Someone needs to take responsibility about this massive error, but we shouldn't be too fast to blame the medical department without knowing the truth.

It maybe the case that Ben Cross in all his toughness has not reported the injury or tried to play through the injury while keeping the pain to himself, and not revealing the extent of it to the medical department.

If this has been the case, and Cross has been partly at fault, the Knights coaching staff have a right to be ropeable, and it begs the question that if Cross hasn't been proactive in getting treatment for his injury, what compensation if any should be made by way of a fine?

Having said that, its surely the responsbility of the medical staff to properly check, and recheck, and recheck again ANY and ALL niggling injuries that come about on the training paddock and in the gym.

One thing is for sure, its only the fans who miss out in the end by not seeing our best team on the field, and someone needs to stand up, take responsbility and say ' hey this is my fault '.

Its inexcusable really the more I think about it!

Jono078

Referee
antonius said:

I was about to say the same.

I dont know if it's just me or not but we always seem to get these sort of injuries where players were injured and theyd find out weeks later :x

We have a tough schedule for the first 6 weeks.

2 (possible starting) props out is not great..

Now we have Wicks, Royal, Taufua, Tolar and White really. Which is basically equal to what we had last year if not worse.

Karmawave said:
I would have to agree here! How can this happen and go unseen for so long.
Someone needs to take responsibility about this massive error, but we shouldn't be too fast to blame the medical department without knowing the truth.
It maybe the case that Ben Cross in all his toughness has not reported the injury or tried to play through the injury while keeping the pain to himself, and not revealing the extent of it to the medical department.
If this has been the case, and Cross has been partly at fault, the Knights coaching staff have a right to be ropeable, and it begs the question that if Cross hasn't been proactive in getting treatment for his injury, what compensation if any should be made by way of a fine?
Having said that, its surely the responsbility of the medical staff to properly check, and recheck, and recheck again ANY and ALL niggling injuries that come about on the training paddock and in the gym.
One thing is for sure, its only the fans who miss out in the end by not seeing our best team on the field, and someone needs to stand up, take responsbility and say ' hey this is my fault '.
Its inexcusable really the more I think about it!

You really covered the gamut of emotions with that post mate.

Frederick

Staff member
Jono078 said:
We have a tough schedule for the first 6 weeks.
If he's out for 6 weeks starting now, then he'll only miss the first 3 games of the season

keeney

First Grade
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
You really covered the gamut of emotions with that post mate.

Thinking the exact same thing. You know the religion teacher in Donnie Darko? Karmawave reminds me of her.