What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd expectations for euro nations????

knights 2004

Juniors
i dont know that much about playing numbers and crowds in the past.
so i dont have a clue how many will turn up in
-ireland
-scotland
-france
and is a game being played in russia?
im guessing like 5000 in wales?
maybe 5-10 000 in england?
i dont really have a clue actually.
so could somebody who knows about playing numbers and average crowds in in the last few years give me an educated guess for the games?

and also i wonder how much it costs to stage this event, and how much they will make from it. i kno its not gonna be a huge money spinner but it would be nice if they made a tiny bit

In-goal

Bench
Firstly no games in Russia
secondly any crowd above 6-7,000 would be seen as a success at this stage.

England A v Wales should be the biggest drawing fixture hopefully around 10,000 might show up for that fixture.

knights 2004

Juniors
i hope they are marketing it properly.
in fact i just hope they are marketing it.

too many times rugby league has had a great event, and some people/noone knew about it

knights 2004

Juniors
the best league ad ive seen in a while was that origin one this year wen webcke ran and then they showed the explosion from terminator 3.
other than that we have nothing.
i still reckon he profits from the world 7's should go to emerging nations and promoting international league (other than big 3). i want to see whole country tv ads over there and newspaper ads and stuff.

Bob8

Juniors
There's been no publicity I'm aware of. As a rugby league fan I'm only aware throught the internet. There's been no mention in the press and no adverts at all.

I imagine a couple of thousand, but that would be good. This will only reflect hard core support.

bazza

Immortal
knights 2004 said:
and also i wonder how much it costs to stage this event, and how much they will make from it. i kno its not gonna be a huge money spinner but it would be nice if they made a tiny bit

Apparently the RFL have put aside money for this event so it does not need to make a profit. It has to be reasonably successful this year to see how it goes and hopefully will be a regular event (maybe with more publicity) in the future

In-goal

Bench
Yes that is quite correct about the RFL putting money aside for this, It is important that the fans get out to watch these matches for the betterment of International rugby league.

Latest posts