What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
an ok crowd in Newcastle tonight
however
a very average turnout in Brisbane , should have been 40K minimum
as most of their crowds should be for most games

DIOGENES

Juniors
I reckon abt. 132k in the remaining 6 games for record aggregate and average. Assume 45k at ANZ means 87k in the remaining 5 games or average abt 17K. Can be done but I think it will fall just short. Should certainly be better than 2011.

BDR

First Grade
It's almost like the people who go to Suncorp on a fortnightly basis knew more about likely crowd figures than Timmah

Who'd have thunk it?

Billythekid

First Grade
an ok crowd in Newcastle tonight
however
a very average turnout in Brisbane , should have been 40K minimum
as most of their crowds should be for most games

I think that's unfair on Newcastle. To finish the year with a 24K crowd and a more than 20K average after missing the 8 is an incredible effort all around.

Newcastles crowds have been the most impressive of any team in the nrl this year imo.

Saint Doc

Coach
Usually when timmah makes a goose of himself he either pretends it never happened, or picks some minute detail to argue about that is not even the point.

If you want to act like you know better than everyone...you better actually know better than everyone. Unfortunately SLR owned you!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Brisbane had lost 6 in a row, and as good as Petro is, he is not Darren Lockyer. This was never going to sellout. Maybe if we were in the top 4 and had a half decent form guide, but even as a big fan, I was never going to bother turning up to a game we almost lost!

The broncos have done that before. Releasing to the media that only a certain number of tickets remain and then the crowd hasn't even got to that figure.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Usually when timmah makes a goose of himself he either pretends it never happened, or picks some minute detail to argue about that is not even the point.

If you want to act like you know better than everyone...you better actually know better than everyone. Unfortunately SLR owned you!

You'd be right. He got it right, he has a better idea of Suncorp than I do.

Good glory hunting though, getting your shot in on the back of his ownage.

Fair play to SLR - he got it right and I got it wrong. Can't be much clearer there.

Saint Doc however, :lol:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You'd be right. He got it right, he has a better idea of Suncorp than I do.

Good glory hunting though, getting your shot in on the back of his ownage.

Fair play to SLR - he got it right and I got it wrong. Can't be much clearer there.

Saint Doc however, :lol:

Good lad. Thankyou. Ive been watching suncorp crowds since 2007, so I know what bays sell in what order. And did work experience with ticketek through uni. But they still even fed me lies!

Raiderdave

First Grade
The broncos have done that before. Releasing to the media that only a certain number of tickets remain and then the crowd hasn't even got to that figure.

has everyone forgotten Suncorp has 7000 stadium members who wouldn't be included in ticket sales

meaning there are only 45500 available for sale to the public

so when the Broncos said there was 15000 tickets still for sale
they'd sold & their members accounted for about 30500 seats all up

the media release was accurate

Billythekid

First Grade
Brisbane had lost 6 in a row, and as good as Petro is, he is not Darren Lockyer. This was never going to sellout. Maybe if we were in the top 4 and had a half decent form guide, but even as a big fan, I was never going to bother turning up to a game we almost lost!

Well we couldn't expect someone to show up to a game where there is a chance of losing!

docbrown

Coach
I think that's unfair on Newcastle. To finish the year with a 24K crowd and a more than 20K average after missing the 8 is an incredible effort all around.

Newcastles crowds have been the most impressive of any team in the nrl this year imo.

I don't know why anyone would dismiss Newcastle's crowds.

We've just posted our 5th highest crowd average ever and since the NRL has had 12 home games a year this is actually our 2nd best year for averages out of those years.

Not bad for a team which could end up in 12th place.

docbrown

Coach
What's interesting is that the wooden spooners will end up with a better home crowd average than 4 of the top 8 teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.